News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Raining INSIDE the bus

Started by Stu, July 23, 2013, 06:53:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu

Travelling to work this morning on the 37, I must salute whoevers decision it was to have the roof emergency exit opened like a sunroof, which meant once the torrential downpour started, the rain was falling inside the bus!

More bizarrely, apart from one passenger who changed seats to avoid it, no-one else seemed to mind!  ;D
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

andy

Quote from: Stu on July 23, 2013, 06:53:04 PM
Travelling to work this morning on the 37, I must salute whoevers decision it was to have the roof emergency exit opened like a sunroof, which meant once the torrential downpour started, the rain was falling inside the bus!

More bizarrely, apart from one passenger who changed seats to avoid it, no-one else seemed to mind!  ;D

Bizarre, the Omnilinks I used to drive at Arriva sounded an alarm if that exit was open, it is not meant to be open at any time? Also no idea how anybody would reach it to open it?

PM

Thought they could be opened as a vent if it was hot? I remember on the bristol road X62/X64 they often used to be open in the summer, hence why they always felt so cool as opposed to tridents/b7tls

Stu

Yeah, it was the rooftop emergency exit, only single deckers I know that have them in NX fleet; was opened up ajar presumably to vent in air by someone at the garage, but as you say, no-one can reach it to close it once the heavens open! Thought about informing the driver, but he wouldn't have been able to reach either, and no-one else seemed to mind.  ;)

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Liverpool Street

You can open them ajar, there is a bracket which you push and it pops up similar to those pop out car side windows. It doesn't break the alarm cord so all good.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Andrew1991

Quote from: Stu on July 23, 2013, 07:38:26 PM
Yeah, it was the rooftop emergency exit, only single deckers I know that have them in NX fleet; was opened up ajar presumably to vent in air by someone at the garage, but as you say, no-one can reach it to close it once the heavens open! Thought about informing the driver, but he wouldn't have been able to reach either, and no-one else seemed to mind.  ;)

Some of the b6's and mercs have them too

Kevin

Quote from: Stu on July 23, 2013, 06:53:04 PM

British attitude though isn't it? Most people were probably screaming and cursing in their heads but too reserved to say anything to anyone about it
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Dylan4579

I was once in a WB President, and rain came down from the poles, downstairs

The Real 4778

Quote from: dgss1 on July 24, 2013, 09:50:30 AM

The Poles usually get off at Erdington and the issue goes away.
Don't you start.

Liverpool Street

Quote from: The Real 4778 on July 24, 2013, 10:57:38 AM

HAHAHAHA!

Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Lukeee

Quote from: The Real 4778 on July 24, 2013, 10:57:38 AM

Very true

Trident 4609

It was "raining inside the bus a few weeks back on a merc on the 244. Someone had opened the sunroof (Never even noticed  that buses had a sunroof ;)

nitromatt1

The most annoying thing is when its raining outside, and some clever person a couple of seats in front decides to open the window by them, so the rain pours in through that window and into my face, and I can't shut the window straight away, because I'm British and too polite

Kevin

Quote from: nitromatt1 on August 05, 2013, 09:47:20 AM
The most annoying thing is when its raining outside, and some clever person a couple of seats in front decides to open the window by them, so the rain pours in through that window and into my face, and I can't shut the window straight away, because I'm British and too polite

Not gonna lie I'm one of those people, I do it because with all the windows close in the rain the bus gets uncomfortably warm and humid
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk