News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

F88 xof

Started by Brown, September 16, 2013, 09:17:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brown

Hi only seen pictures as it is in Brighton it looks good and it has just passed its mot it is coming back to the midlands next Saturday

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Kevin_Brum12 on September 18, 2013, 07:45:17 PM
Google and Flickr have brought up this image of F88 XOF from 2001 when it was still in the BCT Heritage Colours, had its full side blind (with number and via points).  The BCT colour scheme is far better than West Midlands Travel Battleship Grey!

Good luck with the restoration - what kind of condition is the bus in?

Now that's a livery!! Better then this modern Primary Colour crud.

Excellence!

I'd love to see it finished, Brown. Good luck and keep us posted.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

It looks fantastic, just looked through the Ebay listing, with both a class 5 and 6 MOT! Tidiest Metro I've seen on Ebay for years, there's a video of it on Youtube on the 126 sounding great, obviously its from 5 years ago, but if looked after the engine should be running just as well

Trident 4609

Quote from: wilmotm (Matt Wilmot) on September 18, 2013, 10:18:24 PM
It looks fantastic, just looked through the Ebay listing, with both a class 5 and 6 MOT! Tidiest Metro I've seen on Ebay for years, there's a video of it on Youtube on the 126 sounding great, obviously its from 5 years ago, but if looked after the engine should be running just as well

If it appeared on the 126 5 years ago then it was an very rare.working

nitromatt1

Quote from: Trident 4609 on September 19, 2013, 03:28:51 PM
Quote from: wilmotm (Matt Wilmot) on September 18, 2013, 10:18:24 PM

If it appeared on the 126 5 years ago then it was an very rare.working

Maybe he meant 15 years ago

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

Ahem, 3088, went to PL, now WN, in 2002 before being withdrawn in 2009 with the arrival of the Spectra's, so probably spent a lot of time on the 126

Here's a photo of it on the 558

http://www.flickr.com/photos/59615439@N03/8163689459/

So no I definetly mean 5 years ago

Trident 4609

But it was 2008 5 years ago and Tridents were (Still are) the allocation of the 126 and Metrobuses appearing on the 126 would have been Ultra Rare. Metrobuses were common on the 126 up to 2004/5

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

Possibly, but I don't think it was as unusual as you are making out, a Spectra used to appear almost daily up until a year back and now a B5 is on there almost every day

Trident 4609

Quote from: wilmotm (Matt Wilmot) on September 19, 2013, 05:41:30 PM
Possibly, but I don't think it was as unusual as you are making out, a Spectra used to appear almost daily up until a year back and now a B5 is on there almost every day

Unless it was on a 126E as i think Metrobuses used to cover on afternoon journeys when tridents weren't spare at peak times

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk