News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Retirement

Started by The Rat, July 12, 2013, 08:17:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liverpool Street

As my new name suggests, I'm gone at the end of the month. Just as well really, with the way things have turned sour.

I will stay on the forum until I get bored and fizzle out of the last generation etc etc

Just thought I should share.

Retired Rat.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

vinh1000

How long you been in service?

BTW am still waiting for your HELEN creations :)

horsencart

Will you be towed in to the garage,  if so when,

Quote from: The Retiring Rat on July 12, 2013, 08:17:51 PM
As my new name suggests, I'm gone at the end of the month. Just as well really, with the way things have turned sour.

I will stay on the forum until I get bored and fizzle out of the last generation etc etc

Just thought I should share.

Retired Rat.

Mike K

Congratulations Rat, it must be a good feeling.

Given the state of some of BC's Tridents there's every chance you'll be towed back into the garage  ;)

Liverpool Street

Haha, thanks guys.

And to answer the above questions - No. No towing back into the garage. (I didn't even ask. I dont think they do it anymore anyway)

I've been in and out the bus industry since the 70's, doing odd jobs etc with smaller firms and the corporation etc. Just back in 10 years and I'll be glad to see the back of it to be honest.

When you start and see how bad it has become over the recent years with company change overs you want nothing more then to disappear.

The truth is in the following statements.

You are just a number. You will be replaced. No one is interested.

Us drivers might aswell have that tatoo'd on your arm for the length of service.

If things dont change I cant see this industry lasting like it did.

Why is everyone & everything against the drivers? It really does make me sick. All we want to do is go to work and come home, with no stories to tell.

And Vinny, I'll upload them when I have 5 minutes :)
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
until it cought fire

vinh1000

Quote from: The Retiring Rat on July 13, 2013, 02:59:16 PM
Haha, thanks guys.

And to answer the above questions - No. No towing back into the garage. (I didn't even ask. I dont think they do it anymore anyway)

I've been in and out the bus industry since the 70's, doing odd jobs etc with smaller firms and the corporation etc. Just back in 10 years and I'll be glad to see the back of it to be honest.

When you start and see how bad it has become over the recent years with company change overs you want nothing more then to disappear.

The truth is in the following statements.

You are just a number. You will be replaced. No one is interested.

Us drivers might aswell have that tatoo'd on your arm for the length of service.

If things dont change I cant see this industry lasting like it did.

Why is everyone & everything against the drivers? It really does make me sick. All we want to do is go to work and come home, with no stories to tell.

And Vinny, I'll upload them when I have 5 minutes :)
Well I hope to see you b4 you retire then! ;-)
I use the '98/99' nearly every morning :P

windy miller

Ratty..some wag posted a rhyme in our canteen.....If you work hard and do your best...you'll get the boot like all the rest ;).but if you F**t and P**s about you'll live to see the job right out....  So no change there then! ;D good luck with your retirement and try not to be the proverbial "grumpy old man" ;)   Remember...Never try to do the lot!..cos when your gone... you'll be forgot..and on your Tombstone neatly laquer'd will be three words.. I'm Bleed'n Kn*****ed!!!! ;D
Mind the Gap.....?:-)

Liverpool Street

Quote from: windy miller on July 20, 2013, 02:24:57 AM
Ratty..some wag posted a rhyme in our canteen.....If you work hard and do your best...you'll get the boot like all the rest ;).but if you F**t and P**s about you'll live to see the job right out..So no change there then! ;D good luck with your retirement and try not to be the proverbial "grumpy old man" ;)

Thanks Windy!!

And now, I'm gone.
until it cought fire

winston

All the best in retirement Rat! Sounds like you've earn't it.....  ;)

Will you still be sticking around on the forum?

Trident 4609

Quote from: Winston on July 24, 2013, 03:25:22 PM

Evidently not as he has left the forum :(

Mike K

Quote from: Trident 4609 on July 24, 2013, 06:11:06 PM
Quote from: Winston on July 24, 2013, 03:25:22 PM

Evidently not as he has left the forum :(

Come back Rat!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk