News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

New Airline service (Oxford Bus Company)

Started by Adam 404, May 07, 2016, 10:13:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Isle of Stroma

Interesting attempt but surprised it's lasted this long to be honest, uncompetitive fares haven't helped.

Kevin

The thing that struck me about the route was it was marketed in the same vein as Heathrow and Gatwick services
But Birmingham Airport is a direct once an hour train journey from Oxford unlike the other two
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Isle of Stroma

Quote from: Kevin on January 29, 2017, 08:43:29 AM
The thing that struck me about the route was it was marketed in the same vein as Heathrow and Gatwick services
But Birmingham Airport is a direct once an hour train journey from Oxford unlike the other two

The routeing was slightly different, taking in Warwick & the University, but what exactly were they hoping to achieve?. Students & daytrippers from the north end won't pay top whack. No-one from Oxford's going to voluntarily fly from BHX when LHR is nearer & they'll have the wherewithal to pay for a hotel after an NEC concert rather than slumming it back on a Coach. Tourists from the Oxford end don't want to go to Warwick when Stratford is just around the corner.

As I said. Interesting idea, but hamstrung by unrealistic fares.

Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk