News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Route 97

Started by The Rat, July 06, 2013, 04:38:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liverpool Street

Just wondering why the 97 went from double to single deckers (Omnilinks) then back to doubles again. I would prefer it if the 97 was 100% single again IMHO. With the amount of issues on that route maybe singles could fix the issue. Anyone know of any issues on routes with single decker allocation? The scum has nowhere to run to with singles.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

B.C Driver

Because there were regular complaints about passengers having to stand and buses driving past stops as they were full up.

I know what you mean about the scum, it's usually the ones with out of date passes and daysavers that will smoke upstairs too. You would think they would be happy enough to manage to get on without paying without misbehaving too.
4444 -The Star Wars Bus

- May the 4s be with you!

winston

Quote from: The Rat on July 06, 2013, 04:38:55 PM
Just wondering why the 97 went from double to single deckers (Omnilinks) then back to doubles again. I would prefer it if the 97 was 100% single again IMHO. With the amount of issues on that route maybe singles could fix the issue. Anyone know of any issues on routes with single decker allocation? The scum has nowhere to run to with singles.

I assume the 97 went to single deckers to reduce the amount of anti-social behaviour on board; did the 97 not convert back to Trident operation on closure of LH garage?

Didn't the ex LH Omnilinks go to YW for the 2 & 12, plus the remainder go to PB to bolster numbers there? I assume as there was a big change of allocations at the time of the LH closure to concentrate standard types to garages taking on LH routes BC ended up with most/if not all of the LH Tridents etc. Additionally Rotala have since come off the 97 which have boosted the number of passengers using NXWM buses

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Bham Central Driver on July 06, 2013, 05:10:31 PM
Because there were regular complaints about passengers having to stand and buses driving past stops as they were full up.

I know what you mean about the scum, it's usually the ones with out of date passes and daysavers that will smoke upstairs too. You would think they would be happy enough to manage to get on without paying without misbehaving too.

Oh I see. Makes sense, damn scum is the only issue on this job. Everything else we can handle (just) but the toothless low life scabs just bring down your day.

Quote from: Winston on July 06, 2013, 05:13:43 PM
Quote from: The Rat on July 06, 2013, 04:38:55 PM

I assume the 97 went to single deckers to reduce the amount of anti-social behaviour on board; did the 97 not convert back to Trident operation on closure of LH garage?

Didn't the ex LH Omnilinks go to YW for the 2 & 12, plus the remainder go to PB to bolster numbers there? I assume as there was a big change of allocations at the time of the LH closure to concentrate standard types to garages taking on LH routes BC ended up with most/if not all of the LH Tridents etc. Additionally Rotala have since come off the 97 which have boosted the number of passengers using NXWM buses

Ahh, I forgot about Rotala, the 97 still looked smart with the Omnilinks on there.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Sh4318

That would be a good idea, but the frequency would have to be increased, maybe doubled, and with that, you would need loads of single deckers
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk