News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Unpaid bus ticket fine

Started by BU07 LGO, July 01, 2013, 05:51:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BU07 LGO

Hi, my girlfriend just told me she has received a letter to her address regarding an unpaid bus ticket fine issued by inspectors but it is addressed to a random name and neither she or anyone in her house uses the bus!?

Liverpool Street

Tell her to write back or phone Tony to explain the situation.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

BU07 LGO

Apparently she has to send a bank statement to prove it isn't her so that should sort it :)

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: BU07 LGO on July 01, 2013, 06:04:47 PM
Apparently she has to send a bank statement to prove it isn't her so that should sort it :)

She has to send a bank statement??

That sounds a little odd, surely just so long as she can prove that the person isn't her it shouldn't matter what proof is sent?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

nitromatt1

Sounds a little suspicious. Are you sure this letter really was from NXWM?

Isle of Stroma

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on July 01, 2013, 06:15:50 PM
Quote from: BU07 LGO on July 01, 2013, 06:04:47 PM

She has to send a bank statement??

That sounds a little odd, surely just so long as she can prove that the person isn't her it shouldn't matter what proof is sent?

Suspicious or otherwise, the 'sender' of something like that should promptly be told 'where to get off'!

BU07 LGO

Yeah it's real, they phoned the number and was told to provide proof of their identity to prove it's not them but I don't see how that would prove someone else doesn't love there!?

JackC

Sounds like either a scam or someone has given your girlfriend's address when being fined.

BU07 LGO

I'll upload a picture tomorrow but it's got all the real information like the revenue team etc we think it may be a neighbour that has put the real postcode and said a different number

Kevin

Unfortunately people do this all the time, they get fined and give a real address that isnt theirs
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Stuharris 6360

Can understand that you need to prove that you are not the person on the letter is not you (although to a certain extent, it should be up to the bus company to verify when the unpaid fare is issued that the person they have is giving the correct name and address) however to have to send in a bank statement is TOTALLY wrong to me. A bank statement gives to much personal information about you, including your bank details!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Gareth

Utility bills are another item usually required when proving you're not the named person. It's very common for companies to ask for these items. NXWM have no reason to use anyone's bank details for any other reason than verifying the address and named person.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk