News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

bus registrations

Started by arrifirststage, June 22, 2013, 01:04:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike K

Quote from: BU07 LGO on June 24, 2013, 04:51:04 PM
Quote from: nitromatt1 on June 24, 2013, 04:49:01 PM
Quote from: BU07 LGO on June 24, 2013, 04:46:56 PM

It's usually a good way to spot an unmarked Police car

And you would know that because...? ;)

You see a lot when your a young driver in a lowered car! Also the extra aerials are another sign ;)

Ah, my car's white and has a BX prefix so that might explain why I've seen a few cars slow down as I've approached.
I do find it puzzling why all buses are BX now though. BU and BV were also common a while back, but the likes of BJ, BL and BP have turned out to be rarities.

It's not just round here though, Go North East used to have a bit of variation too, but recently every new bus has had a NK prefix.

John

Quote from: Mike K on June 24, 2013, 05:08:04 PM
It's not just round here though, Go North East used to have a bit of variation too, but recently every new bus has had a NK prefix.

Also Stagecoach Manchester seem to only have MX** since around 2008. All of the Stagecoach buses I saw on the day with the new style reg  had MX**

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Mike K on June 24, 2013, 03:03:48 PM
Quote from: The Rat on June 24, 2013, 02:08:53 PM
Quote from: nitromatt1 on June 24, 2013, 01:45:04 PM
Almost Stagecoach buses registrations in Cumbria have the registration PX, with some (Tridents) having MX. However, I also noticed that there were just as many cars with PX registrations. Literally every other car I saw around West Cumbria had PX or PY registrations.

Yeah in Birmingham X is the 'special' code which is used by dvla office. Other areas I don't know. Although the second letter is meant for various areas. So you're probably correct in your comment, Matt.

My current car is BX and my wife's previous car was BX. Does that make us 'special'?

Registered at the office of which does the buses and unmarked coppers, ambulances etc
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

BU07 LGO

You see a lot when your a young driver in a lowered car! Also the extra aerials are another sign ;)

Ah, my car's white and has a BX prefix so that might explain why I've seen a few cars slow down as I've approached.
I do find it puzzling why all buses are BX now though. BU and BV were also common a while back, but the likes of BJ, BL and BP have turned out to be rarities.

Yeah i'd think twice if I saw a white car with a BX plate! Especially if it was an Astra, Insignia, 308, BMW 3 series or Audi A4!

Tony

Quote from: BU07 LGO on June 24, 2013, 10:48:02 PM

Yeah i'd think twice if I saw a white car with a BX plate! Especially if it was an Astra, Insignia, 308, BMW 3 series or Audi A4!

Not Skodas then? which seems to be popular choice of WMP

BU07 LGO

Can't say I've ever seen an unmarked Skoda? Although I see the marked Octvaia estate dog units?

ilovetea4370

Just reading the last few replies on this topic has made me smile!

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Tony on June 24, 2013, 10:54:54 PM
Quote from: BU07 LGO on June 24, 2013, 10:48:02 PM

Not Skodas then? which seems to be popular choice of WMP

Smart shade of blue Skoda Octavia with two heavily built gents in body warmers with additional aerials with a BX13 plate. Gives you a bit of a shock when that comes barreling up on you as you drive down the Pershore at 0200!
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk