News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

NXWM vosa registrations from 9th June

Started by winston, April 16, 2013, 08:36:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dylan4579

I use the 53 to go to school everyday, and i am sick of it. Shaun it's not fast to anywhere. From bearwood to merry hill it takes much longer than the 123 and it rambles on for so long it even does a small loop serving one stop which on one gets on. No one gets on the queen's head either, and it has inconvient timings. Btw that was short and sweet and could go on till the cows come home.

Sh4318

Quote from: dgss1 on June 13, 2013, 10:03:59 PM
I use the 53 to go to school everyday, and i am sick of it. Shaun it's not fast to anywhere. From bearwood to merry hill it takes much longer than the 123 and it rambles on for so long it even does a small loop serving one stop which on one gets on. No one gets on the queen's head either, and it has inconvient timings. Btw that was short and sweet and could go on till the cows come home.

The only difference between the two routes were the fact that the 53 serves Barclays Road and the 123 serves Thimblemill Road. The 123 didn't serve Londonderry, Queens Head, alienating most of the people I know who catch the route, people do use the Queens Head, 2/3 times I use the route people board/leave the bus. From where I live yes, it is the fastest route to Blackheath. The only other option is the 89, and I don't need to stay anymore about that. I wouldn't exactly call 41 minutes to Merry Hill slow when the only other option is changing at Blackheath, Bearwood or West Bromwich, if it allows the route to serve more people, while adding a few minutes onto the journey, it should be seen as an advantage, the 53 serves exactly the same areas as the 123 despite one or few tweaks
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

s94

Quote from: Andrew on June 13, 2013, 08:21:23 PM
Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on June 13, 2013, 06:56:39 PM
Quote from: s94 on June 13, 2013, 05:48:14 PM
Quote from: Ash on June 13, 2013, 04:43:00 PM
Shame something like the 289 couldn't be extended to Stourbridge, as to my knowledge there has never been a bus service between West Bromwich and Stourbridge which is very surprising and would provide a link from Oldbury and Blackheath to Stourbridge. I'm not sure the line of route it will take as I don't know the area that well but as there is no rail link or other means i have always been surprised that a bus has never ran from Stourbridge to West Bromwich in some form. Yes you can get the 246 and then the 74 but this journey would take well over an hour and requires a change.
The recent change already proves those in Merry Hill/Quarry Bank etc have little interest in going to West Brom so those in Stourbridge certainly wont.

Don't believe there ever would be a huge demand for a Stourbridge to West Bromwich service, after all, when WB used to operate services in the Stourbridge, it was never tried.

And the 311/3 hasn't really been missed!

Mind you, who from Stourbridge wants to travel to Wrens Nest? (X96)

Who wants a bus to wrens nest, it's safer to go to dudley zoo, at least there the animals are in cages
Haha that made me laugh.  ;D There is a certain point though when most of these places, people will just pass. So whilst most from Stourbridge wont go Wrens Nest, its more of just a link to cover old services withdrawn.

In response to some of the comments just above this, I still think there should be a 258 style/old 141 route again between Birmingham, Blackheath & Saltwells etc.

Sh4318

Quote from: wilmotm (Matt Wilmot) on June 13, 2013, 09:49:09 PM
Well surely the 141 does the Bearwood to Merry Hill stretch

Yes. It does. But apart from the 53 that's the only way to get to Merry Hill. The 53 serves smaller areas, it is a tendered route, whereas the 141 is a commercial route
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk