News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

The old Chase Bus Services......

Started by Dutsey, September 09, 2016, 02:00:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dutsey

Hi,

Can anybody provide a list of old chase bus services and how many routes exist to this day?

BusFan94

Interesting never knew they operated that many routes.
Busfan94🚏
Local routes NXWM (WA) 34, 37, 39
NXWM (WN) 79
Thandi 334,37
Diamond 310,65
Further away
NXWM (WA) 11,13
Thandi 311/313
NXWM (WB) 40

Solo1

The routes above weren't run at the same time services were run while trading as chase bus

Walsall1955

A general overview of Chase is as follows:   
Minibus operation started by Graham Dodd in 1977.   The Churchbridge operation was acquired 1981.   Hence the off white and dark blue livery used prior to the 1987 adoption of Orange/Brown/White for buses.  Bus operation initially was Staffordshire contracts (areas served including Stafford, Rugeley. Lichfield, Cannock, Hednesford, Brownhills, Birmingham, Walsall).    Expansion into the West Midlands started 1987 with the Delves/Palfrey services introduced commercially replacing Chaserider withdrawn minibus services and subsidised 360 Walsall - Aldridge via High Heath.  Staffordshire services then dwindled alongside expansion in the West Midlands.   
I have two pages of the bus fleetlists from the year 2000 online here they are:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/walsall1955/6230805105/in/photolist-L9fjMm-auAvhe-auAvhk-au8scX-9c6rWG/

Bob

When did the 1 cannock to Walsall start? I have a feeling it was around 1997

The King

Quote from: Bob on September 15, 2016, 05:16:42 PM
When did the 1 cannock to Walsall start? I have a feeling it was around 1997

Arriva claim that the number 1 is over a hundred years old.

Damn I miss Chase Doddy certainly had his head together on how to run a bus company and how to sell it for a massive profit.

Solo1

Quote from: The King on September 17, 2016, 05:20:10 PM
Arriva claim that the number 1 is over a hundred years old.

Damn I miss Chase Doddy certainly had his head together on how to run a bus company and how to sell it for a massive profit.
wonder how much he made

Bob

By that reckoning arriva wouldn't have a f####g clue then? The Chase network just died off after they took over. Chase vehicles while being much older were considerably more reliable and better maintained than Arriva's fleet too

The King

Quote from: Solo1 on September 17, 2016, 06:45:14 PM
wonder how much he made

Rumours were about 7 figures but according to a driver of the time Doddy was ready to retire.

Quote from: Bob on September 17, 2016, 07:19:41 PM
By that reckoning arriva wouldn't have a f####g clue then? The Chase network just died off after they took over. Chase vehicles while being much older were considerably more reliable and better maintained than Arriva's fleet too

Those Nationals were great and looked the part!

Walsall1955

Walsall Corporation's first bus route was the 1, running Bloxwich to Hednesford via Cannock, started something like May 1915.
Later extended at both ends, ie. south to Walsall and north to Rugeley.
The orginal intention was that this service would be operated by trolleybuses.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk