News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Is Diamond going to go the same way as MyFerryLink?

Started by tank90, June 06, 2013, 02:20:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tank90

Well the OFT have ruled that Euro Tunnel can no longer run the ferries for MyFerryLink as they would "have a to large a market Share" but the French have ruled the ferries can not be sold till 2017 at the earliest.
So this begs the question what the heck are the OFT going to do.
I say this as it has to be sorted by the end of the month due to the fact there are non DDA single decker buses and to make sure a new operator or Diamond can get buses to replace them the oft need to get a move on. Personally I don't care who runs what as before Petes Travel the only operator for years was Midland Red West and the town did well. Any way enough of my grumbles.
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

winston

Quote from: tank90 on June 06, 2013, 02:20:09 PM
Well the OFT have ruled that Euro Tunnel can no longer run the ferries for MyFerryLink as they would "have a to large a market Share" but the French have ruled the ferries can not be sold till 2017 at the earliest.
So this begs the question what the heck are the OFT going to do.
I say this as it has to be sorted by the end of the month due to the fact there are non DDA single decker buses and to make sure a new operator or Diamond can get buses to replace them the oft need to get a move on. Personally I don't care who runs what as before Petes Travel the only operator for years was Midland Red West and the town did well. Any way enough of my grumbles.

I don't know these things can take a fair of time to investigate, which after nearly two months they are yet to decide to investigate or not.

The non DDA single deckers have until 31st Dec 2015 to be replaced, the kind of quantities Diamond will need in Redditch shouldn't be of any great problem.

bwsau cymru

I think (hope) diamond are pritty safe they seem to be good for the area. What personally I would like to see is for it to be all ok and for another operator (possible even nx) to come in and compete with them on a few routes in reddich to keep them on there toes. I hope diamond work hard to establish them selves in kidderminster as I personally feel they are much better than whittles but whittles have a loyal bunch of customers so effort must be put in to encourage them to switch and a good record of performance to support contract wins is needed!
campaigning for better transport for all

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk