News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Learning Routes

Started by domino.99, June 16, 2013, 11:19:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nitromatt1

I have only been riding NXWM buses for a few months (only used to ride my school bus and watch the NXWM ones in Halesowen) but I could already be able to drive the 9, 140, 241, 244, 126 and 59 and probably the 1, 141, 243 and 246

4130Quinton

Unfortunately i'm not over often enough (sadly) to get to know routes very well so I arm myself with all the timetables and route maps, we don't get maps with timetable leaflets over here so full marks to NXWM for that. So far I have never managed to get lost and usually pre-plan my day so I have all the route info I need, very often i'm going to places I have never been before. Sometimes unexpected things do crop up and force a change of plan, for example on my last visit I was in Merry Hill when 1515 appeared on a 297A, I hadn't planned to use that route so didn't have the map with me and had never in fact been on a 297A but the chance to travel on the first Merc was not one to let slip so away I went to Gornal Wood and back (I had been through it on a 257 before so had some idea of the geography) without incident :)

Valandil

Quote from: JB93 on June 20, 2013, 04:11:42 AM
Go on the NXWM website and there's route maps using Google Maps, just follow it along on StreetView if you don't have the time to go out and get the actual bus. It's what I used to do, and I still do it to figure out which routes to go out and try.

I've done this too.
But I think Street View is slower than an actual bus at getting about!
Though you can easily make up on lost time by not having to travel in both directions et c.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk