News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Facilities at bus stations

Started by Bob, May 20, 2013, 05:11:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ilovetea4370

They're easy to find! Just head for the end of the southbound platform.

Bob

Quote from: Tony on May 22, 2013, 04:26:27 PM
Quote from: JB93 on May 22, 2013, 03:40:11 PM
Does anyone know if Solihull train station has toilets? Whenever I waited for buses there and desperately needed the toilets I couldn't find them anywhere! And there's no signposting. I've seen bus drivers just walk to the trees by the grass to relieve themselves!

There are signs on the station to the toilets, they are free and clean
[/quot

Dont know about the train stn but in the town centre the councilprovide  some excellent ones in mell square just off the high st by the post office. Theyre the old fashioned underground type and were spotless when I used them a few weeks ago theyve even got one of them old fashioned weighing scales in lol

mikestone

Turnstiles have been in place at Walsall bus station for several weeks but do not appear to be in use.
;
New St station ones were also free the other day, on both the old and new dispersal bridges - were both in use from day one?

Bob

I dont think people should have to pay, when theyre ratepayers. Walsall council have put hundreds of thousands of pounds toward funding the council tax benefit system,  so that unlike most areas people on benefits havent got to pay 20% of their council tax, yet theyve cut other services and closed all but 3 of their bogs. If I was a resident id go mad

notepanel

I believe the Walsall charge is being introduced due to an issue with drug taking there. That is what I was told by a Centro rep before - when you think about it they'd look at charging for toilets at other stations if it was just a financial decision.

Bob

If its to do with drug taking why have the council shut all the other toilets bleating that they cant afford theupkeep? Load of crap they get enough in council tax and they can afford to pay hundreds of thousands so junkies winos etc and dossers havent got to pay 20% of their rates. EVERYONE should contribute something to where they live

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk