News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Diamond in Redditch face terbulent times

Started by tank90, May 03, 2013, 03:37:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tank90

http://www.redditchstandard.co.uk/2013/05/03/news-Investigation-into-Diamond-take-over-is-hampering-service-claim-bosses-70053.html

Our MP is going to feck it up big time operning her mouth. Our Council leaders have more common than our fecking egit of an MP. Anyway appologies to the Redditch MP its my own personal view of you.

So who would buy the 51 57 58 routes off of Diamond baring in mind Diamond had a plan to scrap somethings ie the 51 and 143 Webeath section and interwork it in to the 55 and 56 like they did once before and use the 50 to fill in the gaps, on higher frequency. But of course people in redditch rightly or wrongly open the traps and merry hell breaks out, it would be interesting to know what the modernised Redditch bus would look like. Besides blue before someone says "blue" which may I add isn't growing on me yet red or white maybe or even red and cream but blue no its too blue and gets lost.
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

bwsau cymru

its a real shame to be honest that people will scop so low. This isn't really competition problem there is no reason why national express cant come and star in Redditch. Diamond have invested more into Redditch than first did over recent years, they have created more jobs for the area and actually seem to want to work hard to improve things for passengers in the area where first did not. Ok they may be struggling in the west midlands at the moment but Worcestershire they seem to do well in. I love there new idea of having staff selling week tickets off bus on a Monday morning at key stops....what a brilliant idea. the oft is actually a real bad thing for customers whos actions are resulting in less bus services and poorer quality providers. All you have to do is look at what happened in devon cornwall
campaigning for better transport for all

tank90

Quote from: dannygill on May 03, 2013, 11:15:26 PM
its a real shame to be honest that people will scop so low. This isn't really competition problem there is no reason why national express cant come and star in Redditch. Diamond have invested more into Redditch than first did over recent years, they have created more jobs for the area and actually seem to want to work hard to improve things for passengers in the area where first did not. Ok they may be struggling in the west midlands at the moment but Worcestershire they seem to do well in. I love there new idea of having staff selling week tickets off bus on a Monday morning at key stops....what a brilliant idea. the oft is actually a real bad thing for customers whos actions are resulting in less bus services and poorer quality providers. All you have to do is look at what happened in devon cornwall

I agree, Diamond have shown that Redditch if run properly could be a gold mine which First didn't understand how to tap into because Redditch isn't a City (although the Borough of Redditch covers about the same if not slightly more land than the county city, Worcester City). The OFT do have a place but not in public transport as it is different to Tesco having a store every 10 miles.
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

Cedric

they are doing ok in Kidderminster 99.9% of people  agree,  but whittles are supposed to be having some deckers coming
so  they must be going to turn the screw up with the compition from  diamond on the 3/x3  an the bewdley routes
diamond 8\10/125/292

winston

Quote from: tank90 on May 04, 2013, 01:27:31 AM
Quote from: dannygill on May 03, 2013, 11:15:26 PM

I agree, Diamond have shown that Redditch if run properly could be a gold mine which First didn't understand how to tap into because Redditch isn't a City (although the Borough of Redditch covers about the same if not slightly more land than the county city, Worcester City). The OFT do have a place but not in public transport as it is different to Tesco having a store every 10 miles.

From the article the Rotala spokeswoman suggests Diamond may have been looking to scale back its Redditch operation or possibly even exit Redditch prior to it agreeing a deal to buy the First operations there:

'She added before the buyout Diamond was reviewing its position in Redditch'

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk