News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Severe Weather Warning

Started by Trident 4609, March 21, 2013, 07:02:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trident 4609

A severe weather warning has been forecast for the west midlands. The west midlands will get 5-10 cm with some parts of the uk getting 20-40cm!

Network West Midlands has advised that there may be some disruption to buses so there may be some diversions.

And it is supposed to be spring now!

Stu

The weather forecast I read earlier predicted 3-5cm of snow for Birmingham.  ::)

I don't think they really know, will probably just rain instead  ;D
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Trident 4609

It said 5-10cm on midlands today just

Stu

My locals:

nitromatt1

The worst is predicted for northern and western parts, so the garages worst affected should be PE, WN WA and WB. 5-10 cm around lower levels, on higher ground up to 20.

These figures are for the next 36-48 hours, not just tonight. I wouldn't expect too much for other parts of the Midlands.

Stu

I just hate how the media 'sensationalise' it when there's a chance of snow.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/local-news/shivering-birmingham-braced-four-inches-1767581

What the Met Office actually forecasts:
http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/birmingham#?tab=regionalForecast&map=SignificantWeather&zoom=8&lon=-1.89&lat=52.49&fcTime=1363845600

At the end of the day, it's a 'forecast', ie a 'prediction' and let's face it they have been known to be wrong in the past!  ;D

What annoys me is that people will happily go out in their cars and loot the supermarkets of bread and milk as if they're stocking up for the end of the world, but don't think to prepare for any bad weather by keeping de-icer and a shovel (and spare warm clothes) in their cars!
My locals:

Trident 4609

Well anything from 3-10cm depending where you are but we will have to wait and see.

In some parts of north england and scotland 20-40cm is forecast

Neswulf

Main roads will be fine - I know, with the snow the other month Wolverhampton City Council gritters did a good job. Be interesting on the hills & side streets if it sticks again though.
Not expecting much.

Trident 4609

Quote from: Neswulf on March 21, 2013, 10:03:20 PM
Main roads will be fine - I know, with the snow the other month Wolverhampton City Council gritters did a good job. Be interesting on the hills & side streets if it sticks again though.
Not expecting much.

Last time we had snow the 59 and 28 stopped serving ashmore park,the 2 terminated at showell circus and the 11 terminated at the scotlands. The 27 (lots of hills) missed out most the route last time it snowed

Westy

Quote from: Trident 4609 on March 21, 2013, 10:22:15 PM
Quote from: Neswulf on March 21, 2013, 10:03:20 PM
Not expecting much.

Last time we had snow the 59 and 28 stopped serving ashmore park,the 2 terminated at showell circus and the 11 terminated at the scotlands. The 27 (lots of hills) missed out most the route last time it snowed

And the 301 & 302 didnt serve their estate outer terminuses eithet!

Neswulf

Well, side streets were dodgy enough earlier, bad underfoot at least. Main routes still good at present, but if we get this nights worth of snow without the continuous traffic, who knows. I'm hoping to get to Coven tomorrow lunch (from Wolverhampton on the #76), Stafford Road will be fine, but unsure how the bus will cope around Coven itself.

Westy

According to the online updates, the Walsall 10 is down as going to Brownhills only, but is the bus displaying '10 Ogley Hay' like the last snowfall?

Trident 4609

Quote from: Westy on March 23, 2013, 08:46:09 PM
According to the online updates, the Walsall 10 is down as going to Brownhills only, but is the bus displaying '10 Ogley Hay' like the last snowfall?

It has said most of the afternoon that the 10 terminated at brownhills.

Sh4318

The (WB)89 struggled up a few roads, but generally ok
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk