News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

DISPLAY SPELLING MISTAKES - 23A to 'Woodagte'

Started by CL, November 12, 2013, 05:52:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CL

Yes, you've read it right! 'Woodagte' is what the 23A displays (Flip dot)...

For example:

23A - Kitwell
23A - then to Woodagte
(Seen on: 4170, I don't know if this is the case for all tridents...)

I was going to inform the driver, but there wasn't anything he could do about it there and then... What other spelling Mistakes have you seen on buses?
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

fleetline6477

Diamond destination boards (not blinds) used to read Ford Dwellings when they ran the 103E.

CL

Quote from: fleetline6477 on November 12, 2013, 07:13:19 PM
Diamond destination boards (not blinds) used to read Ford Dwellings when they ran the 103E.

I remember! although, i'm sure 'central connect' did it when they ran the 10, diamond never ran 103(E) as far as i'm concerned...

settlerman

Quote from: clayderman on November 12, 2013, 05:52:42 PM
Yes, you've read it right! 'Woodagte' is what the 23A displays (Flip dot)...

For example:

23A - Kitwell
23A - then to Woodagte
(Seen on: 4170, I don't know if this is the case for all tridents...)

I was going to inform the driver, but there wasn't anything he could do about it there and then... What other spelling Mistakes have you seen on buses?
X64 shows Merrits instead of Merritts.

paulb1973

In Coventry, the Mercedes 0.405N's seem to carry on their lower blinds 'via Copeswood' (it should read Copsewood).

John

Not a spelling mistake, but a programming mistake on this one. The 4 at Walsall used to display. Walsall on both the lines for the destination and Via point, when scrolling through via points. I think it was when Walsall took over the routes from West Brom

Mike K

Quote from: clayderman on November 12, 2013, 08:22:50 PM

I remember! although, i'm sure 'central connect' did it when they ran the 10, diamond never ran 103(E) as far as i'm concerned...

Diamond did used to run the 103E. And it did say Ford Dwellings.

Many years back the lower 'via' blind for route 20 (Harborne Green Man to Quinton Road West) on many Quinton garage buses, primarily Lynxs, showed "via Tennel Road". Should have been Tennal Road.

Westy

Admittedly NX are a lot better on this particular spelling,  but it narks me how Blakenall in Walsall is mispelt as Blakenhall.

Arriva seem to have this problem lately.

I managed to get them to correct the timetable,  but I think I saw one of the deckers on the 19 with Blakenhall on the display last weekend.

CL

Quote from: Mike K on November 12, 2013, 09:46:18 PM
Quote from: clayderman on November 12, 2013, 08:22:50 PM

Diamond did used to run the 103E. And it did say Ford Dwellings.

Many years back the lower 'via' blind for route 20 (Harborne Green Man to Quinton Road West) on many Quinton garage buses, primarily Lynxs, showed "via Tennel Road". Should have been Tennal Road.

Nover realised it, i'm sorry...  ;D

trident4370

A few months back one of YWs President 49s printed me a ticket to "SOLIHULLL Town Centre"...

vinh1000

Diamond Bus 27 service displays Hawksley instead of Hawkesley
Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk