News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Started by PM, August 03, 2012, 03:39:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PM

I agree. The crusaders and cadets which I know are quite a bit newer always seem in good condition-the plaxton darts tho are clapped out tho I exclude the W... VGX ones which are good as they were done up etc by go ahead. But the dart I got yesterday sounded horrendous and the seats were extremely worn and did not match. And as for blue diamond buying solos, Im sorry but if you need solo slimlines on routes like the 17/37/97 then it clearly isnt worth running. I wish theyd just make one Diamond Bus Company with Signature, Flights Hallmark, National Express Work, a small amount of contract work, no Redditch and Diamond Bus company's commercial routes. This would leave a smaller fleet that they are able to invest in. All commercial routes could and should be branded and good secondhand buses bought such as vdl sb120s and sb200s-I seriously do think that there should be some major investment-why bother buying buses for blue diamond-no one uses them. Instead buy good sized secondhand buses for diamond bus company

Ash

I used to see the W...VGX broken down alot but recently they seem to be running well diamond has a few good plaxton darts T418MNH,V391SVV are two that i have been on recently as sound quite powerful. Blue diamond must be making money out of its commerical service as im sure they would have withdrawn them but branding similar to trent barton or some branding similar to how stagecoach brands some of its buses would be good and have some buses left in the corporate livery to cover.

Discodave

the 2 dart you mention are the ex petes ones and v391 svv was always a good one and seemed a bit more oomph than the others it was good on the 292 they used to do climbing clee hill was a breeze must not have been turned down to be gutless like some darts

ilovetea4370

Sorry to drag up an old topic but has 30801 been fixed yet as I still haven't seen it about recently and there's always a dart somewhere on the 50 nowadays.

Ash

No its not been fixed and doesnt look likely that it will be repaired soon.

ilovetea4370

Quote from: Ash on October 06, 2012, 11:01:40 PM

Ahh shame really such a new bus being wasted like that, mind you at least the 50 sees some nice variety! Cheers Ash

Ash

Quote from: trident4370 on October 06, 2012, 11:15:27 PM

Ahh shame really such a new bus being wasted like that, mind you at least the 50 sees some nice variety! Cheers Ash

This was a quote about 30801 on another topic from Tony last week about the bus:

"I have put the latest Diamond fleet changes on the main site now. 30801 is still shown as allocated to Tividale, not withdrawn, but I notice on the DVLA website it has now been declared SORN so it is not expected to be in service very soon"

ilovetea4370

Quote from: Ash on October 06, 2012, 11:35:12 PM

This was a quote about 30801 on another topic from Tony last week about the bus:

"I have put the latest Diamond fleet changes on the main site now. 30801 is still shown as allocated to Tividale, not withdrawn, but I notice on the DVLA website it has now been declared SORN so it is not expected to be in service very soon"

Ah that'll be my fault for missing it, I've only returned to the forum over the last few days so didn't notice that post. I suppose Diamond are glad to be rid of another MAN though.

PM

Quote from: trident4370 on October 06, 2012, 11:57:56 PM
Quote from: Ash on October 06, 2012, 11:35:12 PM

Ah that'll be my fault for missing it, I've only returned to the forum over the last few days so didn't notice that post. I suppose Diamond are glad to be rid of another MAN though.

You may say glad to be rid of another MAN. Having said that, they keep on buying more of the same buses ex grant palmer and supertravel, speke so they arent that bad. In fact, I really like these buses-the best in the fleet.

ilovetea4370

Personal taste I guess some like them some loathe them but the fact they got rid of the MCV's, tried scrapping 30804 when it crashed and aren't repairing 30801 would suggest to me either Diamond don't like them for one reason or another or they are very expensive to repair.

PM

Quote from: trident4370 on October 07, 2012, 11:01:35 AM
Personal taste I guess some like them some loathe them but the fact they got rid of the MCV's, tried scrapping 30804 when it crashed and aren't repairing 30801 would suggest to me either Diamond don't like them for one reason or another or they are very expensive to repair.

Did they really try scrapping 30804 when it crashed?

ilovetea4370

Well I was told it was sent to PVS with the intention of being scrapped but they ended up fixing it instead, could be wrong but that's what I'm told.

PM

I have heard that 30801 has been prepared and is back in service. Just wondering if anyone has any pictures of it. Thanks

Discodave

Quote from: Peter123 on February 05, 2013, 06:45:35 PM
I have heard that 30801 has been prepared and is back in service. Just wondering if anyone has any pictures of it. Thanks

If so is it still at Tividale as being a nifty 50 bus should it be at long acre thought those routes transferred there like the 16 which I do know.  Better if it was at Tividale they need some decent buses.

ilovetea4370

I'd imagine its at Long Acre with the rest of the nifty fifty's, its probably only because of the route being transferred that they've bothered to fix it up if it was declared as SORN. It's nice to see it back though as it still has its old 801 fleetnumber on the drivers side!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk