News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

what would you like to see in the next 5 years, this if for FUN..

Started by danny, May 05, 2012, 09:47:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu

Quote- A central Birmingham bus station where all buses terminate, to allow easy transfers from one route to another without having to walk halfway across the city centre.

You'd need a pretty big bus station, where would you put it?  ::)
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

JB93

Maybe somewhere like where they're knocking down Paradise Forum? It would take a lot of tweaking but worth it in the end I'm sure.

Tony

Quote from: JB93 on November 28, 2012, 07:48:59 PM
Maybe somewhere like where they're knocking down Paradise Forum? It would take a lot of tweaking but worth it in the end I'm sure.

I don't think you quite realise the size it would have to be. It would also have major disadvantages to passengers. If you could build one at paradise forum and all buses from Dudley Road & Broad Street terminated in it there would be a long walk or a change of bus for just as many people as there is now with the various terminii, unless of course all buses also did a loop of the city before terminating there.

Then of course you would also fill the streets with buses as well as taking one massive piece of the City Centre out of commercial/road use!

danny

Good job this part of the forum was the fantasy fun page then lol, however, we had bull ring bus station, which got served by the ex midland red routes, so whata to say that one day in the future theor won't be a form of via station for the longer routes, maybe the distanceie ones, such as the.126 900, 51, sutton lines, solihul, dudley routes ect, intresting concepte, I like the idea
Danny :) proud swift, mango and oyster user...

My locals 12, 12A, 13, 22, 126, and the sixes every weekend :)

nitromatt1

One of each type of bus to be put into the old Metrobus blue/white livery!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk