News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Die Cast Model

Started by Ash, January 05, 2013, 03:18:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ash

Just saw in the bus magazine for Jan 2013  there will be a diecast model produced of a NXWM spectra looking to be on the 79 service due out oct/nov 2013.

Roy

Details of the model can be found at http://www.ttcdiecast.com/res7005-176-optare-spectra---west-midlands-travel---pre-order-6499-17889-p.asp

It is exclusive to ttc diecast.  According to the webpage it will be 4010 but the destination and route have yet to be confirmed.

TinnedPeaches

Correct me if I'm wrong, aren't these highly detailed plastic models like their Duple/Carlyle  and Marshall bodied Darts? I really love the look of these models, but they won't be kind on the old wallet, sadly.

Tony

Quote from: TinnedPeaches on January 05, 2013, 06:01:30 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, aren't these highly detailed plastic models like their Duple/Carlyle  and Marshall bodied Darts? I really love the look of these models, but they won't be kind on the old wallet, sadly.

£64.99 if pre-ordered

PM

Theyve been really late producing them as well-the B and H dart was meant to come out originally in 2011. I like the detail but I think forward models are better value and just hope they model a wmpte standard fleetline soon as no-one seems to have done one when efe did the gm fleetline/atlantean.

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

Shame they seem to have modelled in a Step Entrance!! Don't they realise the almighty Spectra's were the first low floor deckers in the country! Will probably still order one though, imagine that by November/December just as the model is being realised the poor bus may be on its way out of the fleet for sale or scrap :(

Isle of Stroma

Quote from: wilmotm on January 05, 2013, 10:46:38 PM
Shame they seem to have modelled in a Step Entrance!! Don't they realise the almighty Spectra's were the first low floor deckers in the country! Will probably still order one though, imagine that by November/December just as the model is being realised the poor bus may be on its way out of the fleet for sale or scrap :(

I quote from the site:

A Highly detailed very limited run of the attractive Model.
1/76 in scale and made from Resin.
These models are the highest quality model buses to be manufactured in the UK to Date.

Highest quality & highly detailed??  They've not only tooled a step-entrance, but tooled up a step-entrance body as well  ::)

Now, I'f they'd have properly tooled a l/f model of 4001 in original condition, I might have taxed my wallet. But £65/75 for a bodge job?? Somebody is having a ****ing laugh here  >:(

Tony

Quote from: 4006 on January 06, 2013, 12:12:19 AM
Quote from: Tony on January 05, 2013, 06:07:16 PM

£64.99 if pre-ordered
£64.99 - I Wouldn't buy a real one for that....unless of course a 65 strong presevation group descided to buy one  :P
I think £64.99 Is A bit Steep Though To Be Reminded Of An Awefully Terribly Unreliable Bus That Has Pensioners & Mothers With Toddlers Shaking In Their Boots Everytime They Attempt To Move Along The Bus Under Braking (Snatching Brakes, Voilent Retarders/Also either Freezing To Death Or Sweating to Death...Heating on Or Off...No Comprmise. The Strange 'Sideways' Seat Upstairs By The Stairwell Confusing Passengers To Death 'Can You Sit On That One Or Is It Just An Ornament'
OK Enough but How Did They Descide 4010??? That Is The Real Question 4011 Nearly Identical Why Not That...and Why Not 4001 The Original With It's Own Plate??
All Said & Done I Still Would Be Interested In Being In a Group To Preserve One Despite My Never ending Critisism Of Them...As Long As It's Not 4005,4015 Or 4019!!!!!

If they would have put 4001 (R 1 NEG) it would have been even more of a bodge job, remember 4001/4002 are lower height than the others!

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

On the subject of 4001 has anyone idea what's going to happen to it? Where is it? Any photos? I imagine NXWM won't bother to repair it themselves but it might solder on privately

Tony

Quote from: 4006 on January 06, 2013, 06:05:25 PM
Quote from: Tony on January 06, 2013, 12:30:19 PM
Quote from: 4006 on January 06, 2013, 12:12:19 AM
Quote from: Tony on January 05, 2013, 06:07:16 PM

£64.99 if pre-ordered
and Why Not 4001 The Original With It's Own Plate??

If they would have put 4001 (R 1 NEG) it would have been even more of a bodge job, remember 4001/4002 are lower height than the others!
The Point Being?
Don't understand the relationship between 'it would have been even more of a bodge job, remember 4001/4002 are lower height than the others!' and my comment slagging Spectra's off????????

I have edited your post down to the line I was referring to! - You asked why not 4001

Sorry Tony you lost me I don't get it? I never mentioned a bodge job I mentioned 4001 because it has more character and emphesis as it was the first numbered and it has a personalised plate. I don't see how the height makes any difference?
Enviro 200 Rebels......Venturing Out Into New Territory's!!

Tony

Quote from: 4006 on January 06, 2013, 06:42:35 PM
Sorry Tony you lost me I don't get it? I never mentioned a bodge job I mentioned 4001 because it has more character and emphesis as it was the first numbered and it has a personalised plate. I don't see how the height makes any difference?

OK, NEL111P in the post above yours says the model is a bodge job because it is a model of a step entrance spectra whereas the TWMs are low floor. You, not replying to that particular post asked why 4010, why not 4001. I was just pointing out that if they did 4001 it would be even more incorrect than what they are already doing. It wasn't a knock at your posting, just pointing out the differences between 4001/2 and the others

Don't know why I seam to keep getting mixed up with NEL 111P whatever. I do not know him/her have nothing to do with him/her and never have done. So before another post links/mixes me up....whatever I reiterate...
1) I do not know NEL 111P (whatever name it is)
2) I have never had anything to do with NEL 111p (whatever the name is)
3) I may come across as a miserable ole B****** and be somewhat negative but I still have nothing to do with NEL (whatever....get the jist?)
4) Nothing personal to anyone or NEL 111p (whatever) how could I be as I do not know him/her?

5) I am 4006! I bat for myself. I do not know anyone on here niether do I associate I just post my opinion that is it!

6) just in case no one understood that  I AM NOT NEL 111P (WHATEVER THE NAME IS) NOR DO I KNOW HIM/HER OR HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH HIM/HER!!
Enviro 200 Rebels......Venturing Out Into New Territory's!!

Isle of Stroma

Quote from: 4006 on January 07, 2013, 12:45:22 AM
3) I may come across as a miserable ole B****** and be somewhat negative

Ah, but that's where the confusion arises  ;)

Isle of Stroma

Quote from: 4006 on January 07, 2013, 12:45:22 AM
Don't know why I seam to keep getting mixed up with NEL 111P whatever.

There is a reason I post on here as 'NEL111P' (other than it was my favourite at Claribels!) - & that reason will disappear next weekend, so I might change username to the one I'm known by on other fora then!

Tony is well aware of my real identity, & knows that I'm fond of Spectra's as well (regardless of height or accessibility!) Maybe that might've caused the confusion.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk