News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

On BBC2 Now....

Started by wilmotm (Matt Wilmot), May 07, 2012, 09:09:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

On BBC2 now instead of the Snooker as it finished early is a repeat of a program I watched last year following the story of a London Bus Driver who goes to do his job in the country of Manila, the most densely populated place in the world. Its a very sad, moving, interesting story, with a light scattering of humour throughout and gives an insight into buses in a completely different part of the world. People complaining about the age of NXWM buses need a reality check as people over their are regularly using buses that date from the Second World War. Anyone tune in folks, it is really really really worth a watch, forget BGT, watch BBC2 now!

Liberator9

Watched this when first out. It was excellent and really, why withdraw the Crusaders? They are only young compared to these WWII buses!

MW

Quote from: Liberator9 on May 09, 2012, 08:07:02 PM
Watched this when first out. It was excellent and really, why withdraw the Crusaders? They are only young compared to these WWII buses!

Most modern things are built terribly I think. Look at how long the Metrobuses lasted, ages! These modern plastic buses fall apart. Same like every other item. E.g. think of a household iron. If you bought one in the 70s/80s, they'd last a lot longer than modern day ones.

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

On the subject of LEDC countries and Metrobuses, is there anyone that could provide an update on the Metrobuses that were sent to Asia Bus Response in 2005? How many were sent and are they still going? Are they still there? And have NXWM ever donated any other buses at all to charitable projects?

winston

Quote from: Michael on May 09, 2012, 08:17:27 PM
Quote from: Liberator9 on May 09, 2012, 08:07:02 PM

Most modern things are built terribly I think. Look at how long the Metrobuses lasted, ages! These modern plastic buses fall apart. Same like every other item. E.g. think of a household iron. If you bought one in the 70s/80s, they'd last a lot longer than modern day ones.

The Metrobuses only lasted so long because of the amount of rework/ rebuilds they received during their career due to corrosion / structural problems, the last major refurbishment being undertaken by Marshall's of Cambridge. I would say Leyland National was built far superior to the Metrobus and hasn't required the amount of major work

Discodave

I agree winston that big back down stairs window had to go as you could see around the sides where is was going good engines and transmission but shame about the body construction even though it was a good design for the time shame a low floor version could not be built (I know the spectra was similar but not the same)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk