News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

CANNOCK AREA MIDLAND SERVICES

Started by Bob, November 19, 2012, 10:34:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

Anyone know what will happen to these routes? The 23/23a, 62, and 810?

I cant see Arriva keeping the 810 running, sadly ( despite being a busy popular service in its Green Bus Service days), because its a 3 times a day barely used route. They used to run the 62 ( as 862) before and withdrew from it hence Heartlands Bus then Midland stepping in. And I think at some point they ran the 23 ( then known as 19) to Winblebury but pulled out of that. I really dont see how acquiring Midland will give Arriva much of a presence in the WM area, Midland were a bit of a basket case operating tat on lightly used routes....

arrivaaston

If this helps bob back in the day from what I remember

8 62 became 62, ran to Lichfield then they cut it to run to Swan island then they scrapped the 62 completley and had the 33 running to Sankeys corner the same way as the 62 then they scrapped that that's when heartlands took over

The 23 was arrivas then they got rid of that and choice took over.... Have heard that arriva are thinking of interconnecting the 33 with the 23

Bob

interconnecting? wonder how that would work.  i wish they would reintroduce some form of Cannock to Birmingham route it was so useful! and was pretty well used too :-(

arrivaaston

People say the trains a better service but I think a bus is still ideal if its got the right route and decent buses for it maybe some deckers and maybe the 23 will go and the 33 will cover Wimblebury other than that I can't think how else they coild interconnect it and a friend toild me 2day that there was a Midland solo in Cannocks yard

Bob

its ridiculous! Walsall Lichfield and Tamworth all have good train services in to Brum but still have a decent bus service as well! The X31 just went the completely wrong route

arrivaaston

It was stupid to send it down th m6 if u ask me because if u catch heavy traffic its got no chance of running to time

Bob

Yea Arriva messed up there big time. Gicen an alternative roue it could of been more of a success

jarh_9394

Quote from: bob on November 19, 2012, 10:34:03 PM
Anyone know what will happen to these routes? The 23/23a, 62, and 810?

I cant see Arriva keeping the 810 running, sadly ( despite being a busy popular service in its Green Bus Service days), because its a 3 times a day barely used route. They used to run the 62 ( as 862) before and withdrew from it hence Heartlands Bus then Midland stepping in. And I think at some point they ran the 23 ( then known as 19) to Winblebury but pulled out of that. I really dont see how acquiring Midland will give Arriva much of a presence in the WM area, Midland were a bit of a basket case operating tat on lightly used routes....

23/A and 810 are SCC contracts so these will continue to run.

covlad27

Quote from: arrivaaston on November 19, 2012, 11:26:12 PM
People say the trains a better service but I think a bus is still ideal if its got the right route and decent buses for it maybe some deckers and maybe the 23 will go and the 33 will cover Wimblebury other than that I can't think how else they coild interconnect it and a friend toild me 2day that there was a Midland solo in Cannocks yard

The solo in Cannocks yard today was not a midland one, it was from Wardle Transport i didnt catch the fleet number

arrivaaston

Must be 1 of the Ex D & G solos then as they had the same liverey as Midland

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk