News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

46152 photo

Started by windy miller, October 31, 2012, 03:31:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

windy miller

The photo I took of royal scot loco 46152 Kings dragoon guardsman-at Carlisle in 1963 (see tonys steam pages-) has a unique background. This was the ORIGINAL 46100 'royal scot' (as built) but lost its identity when a loco in better condition was  Named 'Royal Scot' and was sent to the USA for some railroad celebration around 1933..... I could be wrong :-\ anyone like to check it out?
Mind the Gap.....?:-)

JIM H

You're spot on there, they exchanged identities in 1933 and remained as such for the rest of their existence.
See book 'Power of the Royal Scots' by Oxford Publishing.

windy miller

Thanks jim... I believe the USA city was chicago in this instance. I hear that the A4 collection (or part of it ) is/has been/will be on view at shildon very soon.. At what cost I hear you ask?... Just £60 P/person!...got your ticket yet? ::) ::) Nor me. :o

JIM H

I visited Crewe Works in 1966 and 60010 was being prepared to go to Canada.
60007 was also receiving a general repair prior to preservation. 60026 was outside
the works donating spares before being scrapped. I missed 60008 so i'd like to see
it, but i'm not paying exorbitant prices.

windy miller

Jim. I think you'll find both 60008 and 60010 should be over here for the next two years or so. I was lucky enough to see my last one, (60012 commonwealth of australia) with a visit to Aberdeen (ferryhill) in the autumn of 1967. Sadly The Glasgow-Aberdeen (via stirling) route was their 'twilight express' demise. :'(

windy miller

IF anyone is interested ::)  I have just bought the (15th edition) of 'Preserved Locomotives of British Railways' From platform 5 publishing.Updated to Aug 2012, The book has 160 pages of Information on all Ex BR steam/diesel/electric/Emu/Dmu/and all preservation information on sites/museums/exhibits anywhere in britain, complete with ownership details and O/s map references. The layout/design is clear, easy to read, and well worth the asking price. (£15.95)
If its out there... its in this book! 8) 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk