News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Route 4M Inconsistencies

Started by bususer12, October 17, 2012, 06:57:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bususer12

Hi All,

Have just been looking at 4M Route and timetable to find that Diamond and NXWM have different ways to get to Old Hill, even though they are both numbered 4M. Diamonds Version goes via the Current 123 Route, whilst the NXWM equivalent goes the 297 way. Also, Diamond are operating Hourly, while NXWM are operating 2PH.

Is it right to have 2 4M's going different routes?

vinh1000

I would imagine Diamond is covering for the 123 since it aint running anymore :(
Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

Stu

Much of the current 123 between Bearwood and Merry Hill is to be covered by NXWM's new 53 service.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Nathan4775

Quote from: bususer12 on October 17, 2012, 06:57:56 PM
Hi All,

Have just been looking at 4M Route and timetable to find that Diamond and NXWM have different ways to get to Old Hill, even though they are both numbered 4M. Diamonds Version goes via the Current 123 Route, whilst the NXWM equivalent goes the 297 way. Also, Diamond are operating Hourly, while NXWM are operating 2PH.

Is it right to have 2 4M's going different routes?

Ye, i think it is becuase I know the
71 Claribels and 71 NXWM operate seperate ways from Solihull - Chelmsley Wood  I also think the 55 Claribels and 55 NXWM operate diffrent routes between Birmingham & Chelmsley Wood

But I know this will cause some serious confusion among passangers. I think it would be sensible for both 4M'S to operate the same route
My Flickr;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90949252@N04/
-----------------------------------------------------------------
4775, 4770, 4697, 4698 , 4141, 4444, 4555

Roy

The NXWM and Diamond 4M services will both follow the same route between Blackheath and Cradley Heath.  The original Diamond registration which shows the route via Old Hill station was made in error.  The timetable on the Diamond site shows the correct route via Rowley Regis Hospital and Old Hill Cross.

This has been confirmed by Centro.

bususer12

More council tax money wasted then cause all the stop poles and timetables have already been changed along the former 123 route to 53 and 4m

Steveminor

It isn't council yak money wasted as it is upto the operator to pay the costs for @ stop timetables & stop flags

Ash

A lady got on the 4M i was on at Blackheath and got off in Cradley Heath and said to the driver when leaving isnt this bus going down i cant remember the name of the road and the driver said i dont think so as it goes towards the rail station, she then answered well it has 4M on the stop of this particular road she was after and shuck her head in disgrace and got off the bus. So seems very confusing for passengers.

bususer12

Yes, probably into Graingers Lane and through Corngreaves Trading Est into Codsall Rd and Harcourt road, into Old Hill. All of which have 4M Stop Flags. Very Very Poor Showing from Centro on this.

And no doubt people will have problems distinguishing between the 4M/4H and 004. If people can't identify on the 297 that say Halesowen and ask "Does this go to Gornal" and vice versa, this will boggle their brains.

As well as this, NO stop flags or timetables have been updated to show that the 226 Goes to West Brom. Timetable shaven't changed between Dudley and Merry Hill, but isn't the idea of combining routes the idea of connecting new areas together? How can this happen if nothing is updated

makkacdt

its all confussing at the mintue, i got the 89 in to town yestaday instead of the 128 for the first time, i hated it. Also noticed from newbury lane to oldbury the 289 doesnt follow the same way?
Wouldnt mind a 10 min bus service....

Nathan4775

The 4H (DIA) - Is replacing the 417 between WestBrom & Hayley Green
My Flickr;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90949252@N04/
-----------------------------------------------------------------
4775, 4770, 4697, 4698 , 4141, 4444, 4555

bususer12

Quote from: NathanJC on October 29, 2012, 12:07:45 PM
The 4H (DIA) - Is replacing the 417 between WestBrom & Hayley Green

Why post that here?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk