News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

New bus stop LED displays working (ish)

Started by Gareth, October 15, 2012, 01:39:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gareth

Whilst waiting at stop BS9 today on Priory Queensway, I noticed that the electronic display was working. However instead of any information for the 55, 55A and 94, it read
"7 9 9s 10 10H 22 23 24 &more"

There were also vans parked up working on other displays. The vans themselves had London buses roundels on them and working with TfL notices on the sides. For a split second I thought I had got lost!

vinh1000

MM nice to see them roughly working since it was showing colmore row information for some reason
Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

ilovetea4370

The one on priory Queensway where the 55 departs was working the other day although quite what the point was of leaving the sticker above with the numbers on I don't know! Can't say I'm at all impressed with the City interchange having given it a go for a few months now, Carrs Lane is just awful the path is far too narrow to cope at peaks and the shelters are crap!

Stu

Quote from: trident4370 on October 19, 2012, 07:03:38 PM
The one on priory Queensway where the 55 departs was working the other day although quite what the point was of leaving the sticker above with the numbers on I don't know! Can't say I'm at all impressed with the City interchange having given it a go for a few months now, Carrs Lane is just awful the path is far too narrow to cope at peaks and the shelters are crap!

I agree with what you say about Carrs Lane, the road needs a redesign to maybe widen the pavement a little, which is too narrow at the moment, the interchanges aren't quite the finished article yet, and maybe we'll see works on Carrs Lane in the future to improve things.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

jnl1984

They was testing in Colmore Row today.
The stickers were removed. Digitally it displayed the services using the stop and also the real time information.
Looked very smart.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk