News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Conservative Party Conference

Started by Stuharris 6360, October 04, 2012, 07:13:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stuharris 6360

With the Conservatives due in town next week, is Broad Street still going to be available to buses as i can't find anything anywhere to say they are not??
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

RobQuinton

I very much doubt that it will be open; usually the buses divert via Sheepcote St, onto Summer Row to Great Charles Street & vice versa. At peak times this means that traffic congestion & the usual lack of interest in mantaining a decent service by NX results in long gaps between buses, overcrowding and delays.
If you can avoid the Harborne or Hagley Rd services I would suggest you do so!

Stuharris 6360

Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Trident 4609

Yes i read on the internet that broad street will be closed and buses will be diverted

Ashley

That diversions a nightmare on saturday nights, godness knows what itl be like in the daytime

KON320P

Same as last year. Buses will use the stops at 5 ways and Sheepcote St and then turn into Sheepcote St and follow round to the Sandpits rejoining their route at Great Charles Street. Outward journeys to do the same.

Stu

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

RobQuinton

According to NXWM; the diversion will be similar to the usual Friday/Saturday one - ie, Ladywood Middleway - thereby avoiding all of Broad Street.

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

241/140 timings were all over the place this morning probably down to the diversion, probably most affected Brum route thanks to interworkings

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk