News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

did arriva bid for diamond?

Started by Discodave, August 19, 2012, 07:24:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Badger

The general opinion of my Leicester friends was that it basically has no bus service. Don't most services stop after 6pm anyway? They spoke of buses to Wigston turning around half way every time so those villages didn't actually have a service, they're constantly running off timetable (but then it's the same here too), and they do have some very poor buses. The bus station had no timetables or anything when I was there, no idea where buses even went from leicester, and the shelters have little information on them.

Leicester really needs better management of all of it's buses, it's a joke. It's just surprising that Arriva have a hold in Centrebus Holdings.
My local's the 3 and 63.
Casual bus user. Doesn't know much other than some buses look nicer than others.
Contractual web developer, self employed game designer/programmer, Wolverhampton bjorn and bread.

Bruce_LOA400X

Quote from: Badger on October 04, 2012, 04:25:44 PM
The general opinion of my Leicester friends was that it basically has no bus service. Don't most services stop after 6pm anyway? They spoke of buses to Wigston turning around half way every time so those villages didn't actually have a service, they're constantly running off timetable (but then it's the same here too), and they do have some very poor buses. The bus station had no timetables or anything when I was there, no idea where buses even went from leicester, and the shelters have little information on them.

Leicester really needs better management of all of it's buses, it's a joke. It's just surprising that Arriva have a hold in Centrebus Holdings.

very true Badger,

most of the services go every hour after 6 pm (in some cases every 30 mins or 20 mins like the 47/48)

SMBS has had new* timtables installed in the bus station at each stand. *how often they are updated is a completely different issue.

With the buses turning back that is also true, on the 85, if they are running late, they empty the bus at Blaby and then go NIS to South Wigston by taking a shortcut.

there is a manager at SMBS, employed by arriva yet payed for by the city council (odd system that but anyway...) and he seems to be lacking in what he does for a job... (please read, less than satisfactorily useful)

I'm not a campaigner for no reason, I have nearly been doing it for a year and the longer i do this the longer i see everything going tits up!!!!

To make matters worse, the people in the villages who don't drive have no choice but to use them so they feel that they can't complain in fear or Arriva making the services Worse!
Transport campaigner and Avid transport enthusiast

Discodave

Arriva had a good service through hazelslade/rawnsley 862 then the 62.  One bus did a short and looped hazelslade and rawnsley the other went to lichfield.  It had a good customer base as Arriva wanted a subsidy they just took the whole service off and improved the 60 (not really useful to rawnsley customers) yes they have got it back on a vast reduced frequency subsidised but how long will it be before it gets chucked back and bye bye bus again.   

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk