News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Ex Arriva Olympians, where are they?

Started by Bruce_LOA400X, September 29, 2012, 09:20:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruce_LOA400X

I have created this to keep track, as It would be nice to know where some of these have gone and where they will end up.

Arriva have seemed to go bonkers on withdrawing step entrance vehicles recently, which is a bit daft, as in some areas they are now short of vehicles....

anyway, Leicester said goodbye to 4617 the other week and that was the last ex Midland fox Olympian to leave Leicester.

I know 4638,4624, 4620, 4621 and 4615 all ended up at Stafford bus centre (from what I know).

I have heard some Gen that the remaining stored Olympians or withdrawn ones will be transferred to the new Midland operation which Arriva have just bought. Whether this is true or not is a different matter, why replace a fleet of low floors with step ones?? beats me.

so does anyone know where any other Olympians are and who owns them???/ uses them????

cheers,

Bruce
Transport campaigner and Avid transport enthusiast

Bob

cant imagine that being true mate, Midland routes never carry enough to fill up a Solo! But, that said the Olympians are probably in much better nick!

Bruce_LOA400X

Quote from: bob on September 29, 2012, 09:27:20 PM
cant imagine that being true mate, Midland routes never carry enough to fill up a Solo! But, that said the Olympians are probably in much better nick!

Yes, condition is the only reason I can think of as well. as for patronage I really didn't know that some Midland routes were that empty!

Bob

ive never seen a midland route busy, hence why the bulk of the fleet consists if midibuses

Bruce_LOA400X

if that's the case one begs to know why arriva bought the concern in the first place!!  :o

sconehead85

TBH there are enough buses coming to sweep away all step entry buses with the group.

Some R and S reg Volvo Olympians are to be found with Arriva NE and TGM Classic and a couple went to Southern Counties.  GHA in North Wales have a handful too.

sconehead85

Bruce_LOA400X

there are still M GRY batch scanias running in Newcastle!!!!

Bob

cannock had some of those, nice buses but awful legroom!

sconehead85

Quote from: Bruce_LOA400X on September 30, 2012, 02:33:28 PM
there are still M GRY batch scanias running in Newcastle!!!!

Bruce- I have referred to these in my " Last step entrance AM and Wardle" thread.  However the ex London Scania dd has gone, so all step entry Scania BUSES with Arriva TGM have spent some time with Arriva Midlands.

sconehead85

Bruce_LOA400X

awesome.

will have a look through your thread, I just started one to see where they would end up in their lives after being sold by arriva

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk