News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Former B.C.T Tyburn Road Works

Started by horsencart, September 26, 2012, 12:09:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

horsencart

I suspect this may go over the heads of those who are still tender in age,  but to those who are a little older (there must be one or two) so it may be of interest to one or two,  there is not much left of the former B.C.T.  W.M.P.T.E.  Tyburn  Road Works, the wall that faces the cut has gone, the  roof has gone, the wall that faces the Tyburn Road is due to come down in one?  some time on a Sunday in Oct, there is or was a lot of Birmingham transport history in this building and when it has gone it will have gone for good,  it is in due course set to become a car show room.

This may be your last chance to photograph this building before it goes

Gareth

Quote from: horsencart on September 26, 2012, 12:09:44 PM
I suspect this may go over the heads of those who are still tender in age,  but to those who are a little older (there must be one or two) so it may be of interest to one or two,  there is not much left of the former B.C.T.  W.M.P.T.E.  Tyburn  Road Works, the wall that faces the cut has gone, the  roof has gone, the wall that faces the Tyburn Road is due to come down in one?  some time on a Sunday in Oct, there is or was a lot of Birmingham transport history in this building and when it has gone it will have gone for good,  it is in due course set to become a car show room.

Have you been there with your camera as you have so many other former BCT and Midland Red demolitions?

Isle of Stroma

I was lucky enough to get in there when the building was still intact externally. Attached is one of the pics of stored suff that i was after at the time.

D10

Quote from: NEL111P on September 26, 2012, 04:32:03 PM
I was lucky enough to get in there when the building was still intact externally. Attached is one of the pics of stored suff that i was after at the time.

Presumable this was taken when North East Bus was owned by West Midlands Travel then? Can't think of any other sensible reason to see United LH's here!

Isle of Stroma

Quote from: D10 on September 26, 2012, 09:48:16 PM
Quote from: NEL111P on September 26, 2012, 04:32:03 PM

Presumable this was taken when North East Bus was owned by West Midlands Travel then? Can't think of any other sensible reason to see United LH's here!

Yes. Amongst others, there were also Your Bus & Metrowest vehicles present.

horsencart

Yus  sadly it will be a long time till I am able to put the photos and the footage on to the interweb, this is/was the biggest that I have seen so far  it can only be a matter of time till the likes of the Highgate road tram and bus garage go,  and there future  is not certain for Lea Hall garage, 

Quote from: Gareth on September 26, 2012, 03:52:52 PM
Quote from: horsencart on September 26, 2012, 12:09:44 PM

Have you been there with your camera as you have so many other former BCT and Midland Red demolitions?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk