News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Telford Services

Started by Ashley, August 02, 2012, 10:25:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashley

I don't think Telford's services have been mentioned on here yet.

I went down there today to see what it was like. Was quite impressed.

In a nutshell, regular services, fairly clean buses, the Pulsars are fab, a mix of dart SLFs, Cadets, Commanders, Versas and some decent B6BLEs, rather nicer than NXWM's, seems to be more umph and alot more comfortable, apart from the back seat.

it was nice to see Arriva's buses well used for a change as well as well maintained

Does anybody else have an opinion on the Telford Network?

Discodave

Have worked at the old wellington garage on loan Telfords fleet is well looked after and makes money plus the council helped a lot with it and made the service as it is reliable and popular plus well used espically the 44 Cannock needs this sort of investment not recycled shitty darts plus decent engineers if you call them that how cannock is a VOSA MOT centre I do not know

andy

Quote from: Discodave on August 03, 2012, 12:30:52 PM
Have worked at the old wellington garage on loan Telfords fleet is well looked after and makes money plus the council helped a lot with it and made the service as it is reliable and popular plus well used espically the 44 Cannock needs this sort of investment not recycled shitty darts plus decent engineers if you call them that how cannock is a VOSA MOT centre I do not know

Yes it has to be said that the Telford operation would be nowhere near as good as it is if it wasn't for Telford and Wrekin, they are an excellent local authority with a great public transport strategyand strong quality partnerships which they prioritise and invest in. Arriva developed their network and vehicle infrastructure on the back of this.

Staffordshire have always been miles behind them unfortunately and show little passion for catching up anytime soon.

Discodave

Staffordshire just dont give a monkeys look at stoke on trent Firsts buses are shocking out there Stafford town showed promise now crap being an outstation of Cannock better would have been to get rid of cannock and combine the 2 garages in a new site and get rid of the darts

arrivaaston

Telfor do have a nice fleet of buses but still have a few crappy w/snr and t/jjf darts but then again there still better thant the BU51 darts at cannock

Discodave

There is a good chance they would soon go to Cannock to join the scrap and some of the few nice buses they have going in return

arrivaaston

it would be nice to see some 2730, 2733 & 2734 go to cannock and replace some of the darts

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk