News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Swift Scanners

Started by Ash, October 19, 2012, 01:44:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ash

Does any one know what these swift scanners are all about i guess its similar to the new signature cards that you scan your card and your fare is taken away, but I have seen notices about them on the black diamond buses today

Tomjusttom

Are they on the swift route?

Ash

No they were advertised on 30134 hybrid versa on service 404E

Tomjusttom

John

A few various Diamond buses I saw today had them advertised. Solo's, Versa's and Dart's.

Tomjusttom

Ah ah! I just looked on the centro site and its a e-purse.

Stu

From flicking through articles on Centro's website, it looks like Swift could be Centro's name for their new Oyster-style smartcard, being trialled as the 'Signature' card on the Solihull Signature services operated by Blue Diamond (S2, S3, S4, 30 and 82).

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

bwsau cymru

At a meeting with centro last saturday and they e plained that it will be our version of the oyster card for all of the smaller operators around the wm. They said nx have yet to sign up to the scheme. Bit stupid having the system in the first place I think if nx dont sign up. I personally think the oystercard system and brand should just be rolled out nation wide. I already have oyster, iff, mango and now adding even more cards!! Silly!!
campaigning for better transport for all

Nathan4775

It looks like from what ive seen its only Diamond accepting them at the moment as I haven't seen no NXWM buses advertise it
My Flickr;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90949252@N04/
-----------------------------------------------------------------
4775, 4770, 4697, 4698 , 4141, 4444, 4555

Ash

Quote from: NathanJC on November 23, 2012, 03:16:23 PM
It looks like from what ive seen its only Diamond accepting them at the moment as I haven't seen no NXWM buses advertise it

Go on Network West Midlands website and look for the section on the swift cards it will tell you who accepts them and the price they charge for a fare which is discounted the biggest operator that uses them is diamond followed by other well establiashed bus companies like central buses.

Stu

Quote from: NathanJC on November 23, 2012, 03:16:23 PM

Operators that currently accept Swift cards:
http://www.networkwestmidlands.com/Swiftcard/operators.aspx

I read elsewhere that NXWM were planning to introduce their own smartcard next year, but Network West Midlands have commented on their Facebook page that they are hoping to add more operators and season ticket options next year, including operators such as NXWM and Arriva.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk