News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Rotala Group (Half year results, 23/8)

Started by winston, August 30, 2012, 05:45:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

Quote from: Peter123 on August 30, 2012, 09:37:31 PM
Thankyou Andy. Thats exactly what I was saying!!!!! I assumed Preston was profitable seeing as everything i read says because of preston bus, rotala's profits are growing!! I didnt make it up!!

Preston Bus may well be profitable now, Rotala Plc doesn't give a breakdown of each areas contribution, and I doubt it's making fantastic margins though based on the group's overall profit margins. I don't see why such much emphasis is put on Preston Bus, if you think about it the WM combined Diamond Bus businesses (Black, Red, Blue + Flights Hallmark) dwarf Preston Bus in terms of fleet size, which should also include turnover, if the WM business was more successful, it has the greater potential to contribute more profit to the group based on the higher amount it should turnover

Ash

From the financial report of Rotala wonder if this has triggerred the withdrawal of service such as the 37,59 and 97 to try to increase profitability of its bus services in the west midlands and focus on their higher profit making commercial services, so in such a case take a step backwards and shrink the commerical side of the business.

sconehead85

Firstly the 1985 Transport Act , and all it has infected us with stinks to hell and it belongs in the Parliamentary dustbin or sewer along with all the rubbish bus operators it has spawned.

As for Rotala it needs to be taken over-thats the only salvation.  The problem with this company is that it isnt the biggest operator in any of the areas it runs in, its up against NXWM (long may it remain intact) , First in the West Country and Stagecoach in Preston.  It doesnt look in ANY position to expand.  Arriva are the best placed to take it over with the Flights division coming under
TGM.

sconehead85

BU07 LGO

Quote from: Tony on August 30, 2012, 09:51:54 PM

It is extremely difficult for new entrants to get into London. How many current TfL operators can people name that are not part of big groups?

I'm not too sure but i think the only the ones i can think of are Epsom, East Thames buses and Hackney community transport?

Tony

Quote from: BU07 LGO on September 01, 2012, 01:04:46 PM
Quote from: Tony on August 30, 2012, 09:51:54 PM

It is extremely difficult for new entrants to get into London. How many current TfL operators can people name that are not part of big groups?

I'm not too sure but i think the only the ones i can think of are Epsom, East Thames buses and Hackney community transport?

Epsom and East Thames are both part of big groups!

BU07 LGO

Tony

Taken over by RATP who also own London United in April this year

vinh1000

Quote from: Ash on August 30, 2012, 11:30:24 PM
From the financial report of Rotala wonder if this has triggerred the withdrawal of service such as the 37,59 and 97 to try to increase profitability of its bus services in the west midlands and focus on their higher profit making commercial services, so in such a case take a step backwards and shrink the commerical side of the business.
Yeah
Was on a 37E yesterday
Run dead to city as 4 37's NXWM were already travelling close together alongside the Blue Diamond bus

PM

Sullivan Buses is independent...
tho diamond were doing really well today on the 50-most buses full. things worked out well for them as two were together meaning that they could leap frog and get all the passengers

Liberator9

Rotala already seem to be dropping off the 37. Caught the 37 yesterday the whole route and only saw a few of the buses. Actually there was a Solo and a blue dart on it, plus three or four of the purples. Blue Diamond should first of all rethink their fleet of buses. The darts are awful buses, the drivers certainly agree. Also they need to improve the reliability of bus routes, similar to claribels whose buses are in 1st rate condition plus turning up on time. The S2 and S3 has got Signature Solo SRs which are fine apart from the multiple rattles and un-reassuring rear axle noises (they're clunking, squeaking!). However this may soon change as a Versa from the 30 was on the other day, perhaps being trained up for running it. Really I think Centro should re instate the 40A and 40C making things simpler as apart from the hockley heath and balsall common runs, that is what they are doing. Really I'd forget Balsall; it is virtually empty going and coming back there and is just wasting the fuel. The 82 is a excellent route with the reliability, quality of buses (Citaros) and quick route times. It is a shame that Blue Diamond aren't doing so well but if they modeled themselves on Claribels then they would be much better off really.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk