News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Buggies on buses

Started by nitromatt1, August 12, 2013, 12:03:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lukeee

Quote from: danny on August 12, 2013, 07:28:32 PM
Has anyone seen the fights over the buggy spaces, its like watching an episode of eastenders, but more entertaining.

Would say its more entertaining than Eastenders, Corrie and Emmerdale combined.

Stu

Just as irritating are the times when passengers are standing in the narrow gangway between the front wheels (on single decks), and stubbornly refuse to get out of the way when people with buggies are either trying to get off (or on) the bus.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Kevin

Often wondered if services through Northfield should be doubled in frequency just to fit all the buggies on
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Trident 4609

I have seen on the 59 when there hasn't been enough rom, The woman with the buggy gets angry with the driver when another bus was only 1-2 minutes behind! Can't they wait that extra minute?!

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Kevin on August 12, 2013, 08:29:46 PM
Often wondered if services through Northfield should be doubled in frequency just to fit all the buggies on

Hahahaha!!!!
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

nitromatt1

Quote from: Kevin on August 12, 2013, 08:29:46 PM

No, just remove all seats on the onside before the step on selected vehicles, then give them "Buggy Bus" branding - or "Bristol Road Babies"? :P

Ex BC driver

When I attended college, I'd catch the 448 from West Bromwich or Smethwick. The one day whilst coming home the bus stopped by University Station, a woman got on with a buggy and wheeled it all the way to the back of the bus. This was when the 448 was 100% Metrobus.

Quote from: Trident 4609 on August 12, 2013, 09:28:14 PM
I have seen on the 59 when there hasn't been enough rom, The woman with the buggy gets angry with the driver when another bus was only 1-2 minutes behind! Can't they wait that extra minute?!
No!  ;D
Enviro 200 Rebels......Venturing Out Into New Territory's!!

More to the point where are you exactly supposed to put a 'folded buggy'? for instance on a B7RLE...the racks are not big enough to fit one also on the new volvo B5 no room to put a folded buggy (half the lower saloon is taken up with batteries) If they are stowed on a seat they are taking up the space a possible paying passenger could be using and how can the parent have full control of a child and use their mobile fone if minding a folded buggy?
Maybe another question for Simon?
Personally I think folded buggies should not be allowed it would save a lot of time and reduce arguments for a start!
Enviro 200 Rebels......Venturing Out Into New Territory's!!

lynx1103

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on August 12, 2013, 07:24:23 PM
Quote from: andy on August 12, 2013, 07:19:49 PM
Quote from: Stu on August 12, 2013, 06:56:12 PM
Back when I was a wee nipper (and my brother and sister after me!), my mum had a simple fold-up pushchair to carry us around with, and whenever she got on the bus she'd simply pick us up and foldaway the pushchair and store it in the luggage rack. Because back in the day, there were no low-floor buses, and no buggy zones.

Looking at many pushchairs, or 'buggies' nowadays, they seem to have more in common with small armoured assault vehicles, looking at the size of them!

What's more annoying is those who bring a buggy onto the bus, then leave their buggy in the zone, and take their child out to sit on their lap, or wander freely about the bus, falling over, and pressing the damn Stop button repeatedly.

I need to keep away from this thread! Believe me I could write a book....

and me, for instance, Merc on the 276 this afternoon with 4 pushchairs on it

With this driver allowing 4 puschairs to squeeze on makes it very difficult for other drivers as they might refuse more than 2 buggies.

"The other driver let 4 on"

Another option could be to modify scania/B7RLE to accomondate 4 Buggys. Another buggy Zone on Right hand side with 4 pull down seats.

Trident 4609

Or an easier option, Why don't they all accept the fact if the bus has two buggies on they can't get on!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk