News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Double Decker 72?

Started by JB93, August 17, 2012, 03:15:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JB93

I've seen a picture on flickr of a Plaxton President running the 72 in Lower Bull St. I can only guess it was running on a sunday, when it doesn't have to change between a 71 and 72 everytime it gets to Solihull Station. But I overheard a driver once saying they couldn't use double deckers on the 72 because of the low trees and thin roads by Coleshill Rd. in Marston Green. Any thoughts?

MW

Quote from: JB93 on August 17, 2012, 03:15:15 PM
I've seen a picture on flickr of a Plaxton President running the 72 in Lower Bull St. I can only guess it was running on a sunday, when it doesn't have to change between a 71 and 72 everytime it gets to Solihull Station. But I overheard a driver once saying they couldn't use double deckers on the 72 because of the low trees and thin roads by Coleshill Rd. in Marston Green. Any thoughts?

The 72 can be operated with double deckers.

Gareth

Ive only seen a double deck 72 twice, both of them mid week daytime. One, a Plaxton B7TL and the other an Outer Circle branded Gemini.

I assume they were swapped at Solihull for Single deckers before changing to 71's

Ashley

The 72 was operated with double deckers on and off for a long while

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk