News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Direct Route from Weoley Castle to Stirchley / Cotteridge

Started by sonic84, March 27, 2013, 12:54:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sonic84

Does anyone reckon there might be any demand for a direct route running from Weoley Castle to the Stirchley / Cotteridge area.

The only reason I ask is that the 49 takes a very indirect route calling at Northfield, Frankley, Rubery, Longbridge and West Heath first.

The 18 whichs runs fairly close to Weoley Castle is hardly direct either, with the quickest option being to get a bus to Selly Oak, and then the 11, or take the 49 to Northfield, and then change onto the 18.

I'm guessing any direct service between Weoley Castle and Stirchley / Cotteridge would have to extend somewhere such as Kings Heath or Maypole but what do you think?

j789

The 69 used to provide that link but it clearly wasn't well used between those points it is mainly just housing estates, the 76 goes the same route but from the QE rather than Weoley Castle. There are already good links between Weoley Castle and Selly Oak/Northfield where you can change easily onto other regular services that operate to your stated areas.

danny

The question really is is their a maket for it, the 49 is a long winded route but I imagine that not a lot of people use it end t end, the shops are probs the same in both locations so their no need to venture and their are nearer train stations, however, I can see the frustration of. A passenger who would need to do the journey so it isn't a bad suggestion, just one that would have to be reseached
Danny :) proud swift, mango and oyster user...

My locals 12, 12A, 13, 22, 126, and the sixes every weekend :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk