News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Birmingham Council bust

Started by Ginger66, September 05, 2023, 07:11:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ginger66

With Birmingham City Council bust does anyone think ULEZ will be expanded to bring in extra revenue into the councils coffers.

Such as 

1) expanded from inner circle to the edge of the outer circle.

2) expanded south towards the airport to capture people going to the NEC 

Coventrybususer95

Not sure but I could the ULEZ being extended to the border of Coventry 

Could we also see the sale of the hydrogen buses to help with costs
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

EK40

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on September 05, 2023, 07:21:37 PMNot sure but I could the ULEZ being extended to the border of Coventry

Why would they sell the hydrogens doesnt the running cost come out of nx's pockets also I doubt selling 20 buses will help much tbf

Westy

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on September 05, 2023, 07:21:37 PMNot sure but I could the ULEZ being extended to the border of Coventry

What including Solihull as well?

Stu

Quote from: Ginger66 on September 05, 2023, 07:11:00 PMWith Birmingham City Council bust does anyone think ULEZ will be expanded to bring in extra revenue into the councils coffers.
Highly unlikely, it would cost too much to do so.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Rachvince53

Quote from: Westy on September 05, 2023, 07:28:22 PMWhat including Solihull as well?
Couldn't include Solihull as its a separate council authority.  Only if Solihull agreed to extending the ULEZ over their boundary would this happen. Remember it's Birmingham City Council, not the separate WMCA that's in difficulty. 

Westy

Quote from: Rachvince53 on September 05, 2023, 09:14:19 PMCouldn't include Solihull as its a separate council authority.  Only if Solihull agreed to extending the ULEZ over their boundary would this happen. Remember it's Birmingham City Council, not the separate WMCA that's in difficulty.
That's why I queried Solihull.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk