News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

I know it's a bit early but......

Started by Westy, September 17, 2021, 06:06:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westy

https://www.mirror.co.uk/money/shops-wont-open-boxing-day-24980346

Is this likely to have an impact on likely service level at Xmas, bearing in mind Nx & Diamond at least run Sunday service until teatime on Boxing Day?

metrocity

Quote from: Westy on September 17, 2021, 06:06:51 PM

Is this likely to have an impact on likely service level at Xmas, bearing in mind Nx & Diamond at least run Sunday service until teatime on Boxing Day?
No

Stu

Quote from: Westy on September 17, 2021, 06:06:51 PM

I hope it does. The last thing I want to do on a Boxing Day is go shopping, unless its to a local shop to pick up fags and booze.  ;D

There will still be buses running on Boxing Day, after all there are other people that still need to travel to work or meet up with friends/family, and there will no doubt still be other shops open for those people who simply cannot wait another day to satisfy their consumerist cravings.

But one thing I think we can expect, is that levels of service on Boxing Day will be much reduced, compared to what we have become accustomed to over the last few years.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

the trainbasher

Personally I'm hoping for a fire break lockdown between the 24th Dec and 3rd Jan inclusive...

...just to be an end of Boxing Day Sales for another year.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Steve3229vp

Quote from: Stu on September 17, 2021, 08:24:08 PM
I hope it does. The last thing I want to do on a Boxing Day is go shopping, unless its to a local shop to pick up fags and booze.  ;D

There will still be buses running on Boxing Day, after all there are other people that still need to travel to work or meet up with friends/family, and there will no doubt still be other shops open for those people who simply cannot wait another day to satisfy their consumerist cravings.

But one thing I think we can expect, is that levels of service on Boxing Day will be much reduced, compared to what we have become accustomed to over the last few years.
I agree entirely, but I have to say if you run out of fags and booze by Boxing Day, that's bad planning mate !

Crosville

Sports take place on Boxing Day[quite often sees the biggest attendances of the season], i see Villa & Wolves are scheduled for the home matches, & not everyone has or has access to a car, so have to rely on buses with no trains operating & taxis being quite expensive.

Plus as said people still need to get to/from work & seeing there families, & still need to travel on the bus if they don't have access to private transport

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk