News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

School Services

Started by Wumpty, September 22, 2021, 03:42:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wumpty

What's the furthest you know that a bus operates a school service?

WA do CG4 Handsacre to Cannock, and the SFA1 & SFA2 Wilnecote to St. Francis of Assisi. These are quite a jaunt in dead mileage and then the route itself.

Historically, Midland Choice did 830 Walsall - Aldridge - KEGS Handsworth from their Watery Lane garage (hell of a jaunt back in 1993!)
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

the trainbasher

Quote from: Wumpty on September 22, 2021, 03:42:13 PM
What's the furthest you know that a bus operates a school service?

WA do CG4 Handsacre to Cannock, and the SFA1 & SFA2 Wilnecote to St. Francis of Assisi. These are quite a jaunt in dead mileage and then the route itself.

Historically, Midland Choice did 830 Walsall - Aldridge - KEGS Handsworth from their Watery Lane garage (hell of a jaunt back in 1993!)

The Green Bus do Alcester schools

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

B61 ANDREW

Also factor in the fact that a lot of school runs [ and stage services  ] very rarely go direct from start to finish , The Green Bus service 885 for example looks very squiggly on the Bustime route map. 

ellspurs

Stagecoach Warwickshire run an 18A which starts at Coleshill School, and runs through to St. Thomas Moore school in Nuneaton. As Stagecoach no longer runs any service through to Coleshill, the bus runs dead there in the morning, and runs dead back from there in the evening (I've passed this coming back many times on my way home from work).

Justin Tyme

Possibly the most remote school service that Stagecoach Midlands (Warwickshire) run is the 302, Maypole to Alcester Schools, which I believe is operated by Leamington depot.

In the Shire Counties there are many long school services and contracts which involve much dead mileage for bus and coach operators.  Alcester schools have a wide catchment area, covering from the edge of Birmingham in the north to Gaydon and Tysoe in the south.

Private schools can have even wider catchment areas - Ridleys Coaches operate services to Warwick from villages in Gloucestershire, Oxfordshire and Northamptonshire - https://www.ridleyscoaches.co.uk/timetables.

It may be worth saying that Johnsons run a couple of University of Birmingham campus shuttles - https://www.johnsonscoaches.co.uk/contract-bus-services/.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk