News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Service adjustments

Started by monkeyjoe, October 23, 2021, 11:08:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

monkeyjoe

Noticed on the nxbus website they are highlighting services experiencing issues, is this basically where they know they have driver shortages. Not come across this before.

https://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/service-updates/service-adjustments

ellspurs

Quote from: monkeyjoe on October 23, 2021, 11:08:03 AM
Noticed on the nxbus website they are highlighting services experiencing issues, is this basically where they know they have driver shortages. Not come across this before.

https://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/service-updates/service-adjustments

94: Service adjustment between 9.30am and 1pm
95: Nothing perceived.

Looking on google maps it seems that the usual morning rush to Morrisons on the Chester Road is causing more traffic than usual.

Edit: offtopic but I'm laughing at how google maps is showing a severe traffic jam on Morrisons' car park. It KNOWS.

Gareth

Quote from: ellspurs on October 23, 2021, 11:30:48 AM
94: Service adjustment between 9.30am and 1pm
95: Nothing perceived.

That doesn't make sense at all. As they are basically the same buses covered by the same drivers on both routes.
My issue in recent months on the 94/95 hasn't been lack of buses, they all seem to be there. Just all in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Quote from: Gareth on October 23, 2021, 07:30:26 PM
Just all in the wrong place at the wrong time.
There were 2 X2's at Swan Island going towards Solihull Station together earlier 6849 and 6833. Bus times shows there was a 60 minute gap in service between these and the previous X2. So X2/X1 have reliability problems as well.

Also i've noticed a lot of 11 shorts to Witton/Villa Park recently.

Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Solo1

X1/X2 the small heath bypass is 1 lane each way + you also had blues playing at home today to add to the traffic

Stu

Quote from: Solo1 on October 23, 2021, 08:38:46 PM
X1/X2 the small heath bypass is 1 lane each way + you also had blues playing at home today to add to the traffic

Also the congestion through Digbeth due to lane closures.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk