News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Bus Station Re-developments

Started by Andrew1991, July 21, 2012, 04:25:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew1991

Are they always a good idea ?
Can they make using buses easier ?
Which station would you like to see re-developed next ?

I think Dudley bus station could do with a major transformation. But then it looks like if the "Poters Field" development gets the go ahead from the council, Avenbury would be paying for a whole new transport interchange. What are everybody's thoughts on merry hill's new station when they start on that, I just hope it looks different to Wolverhampton bus station and Stourbridge bus station, I like the ideas of them but they'll all look the same if they carry on with that design.

Bob

Cannock bus station is being re-furbed either this yr or next, itll still be crap cos the council still wont put public conveniences in!

D10

What is the plan for Dudley then, is there a plan to move it or will it still be in the same site?

Not too fussed to be honest about what Merry Hill looks like only that it gets done, the bus station has been a disgrace here for years. The new station must put passengers first with more stands and larger waiting areas.

Andrew1991

According to plans a tram stop is going to be put behind where you catch the 246 and a taxi office where the buses park up, but no detailed plans for station just a small mention. www.portersfield.com

Andrew1991

I think this would make a good design for a new station

Roy

Centro intended to rebuild Dudley Bus Station to coincide with the opening of the Metro from Wednesbury to Brierley Hill, with the line running alongside the bus station and a tram stop at the bus station.  As the freight line from Round Oak to Bescot has not been included in the rail plans for 2014 to 2019, there is no chance of the Metro being built for at least 10 years.  By that time, Dudley Bus Station will have completely fallen apart.  Therefore, Centro should be looking at rebuilding the bus station as soon as possible.  They could always leave a space for the Metro when, or if, it is ever built.

Andrew1991

makkacdt

Oldbury could do we a refurb to be honest
Wouldnt mind a 10 min bus service....

Andrew1991

Tomjusttom

Quote from: makkacdt on July 24, 2012, 10:12:09 PM
Oldbury could do we a refurb to be honest

Refurb? More like a new bus station. How long ago was it since they moved from Bus station to on street terminus there?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk