News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

10th Anniversary

Started by Roy, March 10, 2021, 09:02:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westy

Quote from: Roy on March 10, 2021, 09:02:16 AM
If you look at the site's home page, you will see that it was founded exactly 10 years ago today, on 10 March 2011.  Since then, it has been visited over 4.8 million times - that's nearly half a million per year.  I think we should congratulate Tony on this achievement and thank him for all the hard work he, and his administrators, have put in to develop this site.  Personally, although I could have happily throttled one or two of the members at times (one in particular), this site has been instrumental in keeping me up to date with news and opinion on the bus front.

I hope you will all join me in thanking Tony and celebrating this site's 10th anniversary.

If it's a certain' notorious one, I spotted him on Twitter at the beginning of the year, & let's say he was giving the representitive of a certain new operator a hard time (unfairly in my opinion!).

Looking at his Twitter feed, I noticed he had a issue with 2 BBC female presenters for some reason.

A couple of weeks later, I noticed his account had disappeared, so he'd annoyed someone else up to the point of being banned from Twitter!

ellspurs

Quote from: monkeyjoe on March 10, 2021, 07:46:39 PM
Just assumed because of the cars, looked like a scene from a Carry on film, if only i was old enough lol. I do remember back in the day residents always used to moan about something; how times have changed.

I'm guessing they must've relented slightly, as there is the Chelmsley-bound stop outside Castle Bromwich Junior School (was the stop moved off of Chester Road to ease the traffic?). I remember that being there since the late 90s at least.

I do like how Hodge Hill Common hasn't really changed that much, just the addition of trees there. I remember seeing the wilderness as you thundered down towards the Hunters' Moon.

Congratulations on the 10 years, Tony!

B61 ANDREW

Thank you Tony for all your efforts , much appreciated.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk