News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Should the driver be able to see upstairs at all times?

Started by MW, November 27, 2020, 11:01:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MW

Question for those in the industry.

Is it a legal requirement that the drivers cab must have a direct or indirect view of the entire bus INCLUDING upstairs?

I.e should one of the monitors on a decker be showing the camera view upstairs and must this be constant and not "cycling" through different cameras?

Now as far as I'm aware and according to NX training at Walsall, this is the case. Is this a legal thing or is this simply company policy?

If you're not in the industry please do not comment.

Note: this is not NX related. I'm only quoting NX as I was trained by them. This is something another driver has asked me and I'm fairly sure that it is illegal to drive in service without a view of upstairs (including cycling cameras).

MW

Quote from: MW on November 27, 2020, 11:01:47 PM
Question for those in the industry.

Is it a legal requirement that the drivers cab must have a direct or indirect view of the entire bus INCLUDING upstairs?

I.e should one of the monitors on a decker be showing the camera view upstairs and must this be constant and not "cycling" through different cameras?

Now as far as I'm aware and according to NX training at Walsall, this is the case. Is this a legal thing or is this simply company policy?

If you're not in the industry please do not comment.

Note: this is not NX related. I'm only quoting NX as I was trained by them. This is something another driver has asked me and I'm fairly sure that it is illegal to drive in service without a view of upstairs (including cycling cameras).

* edit: when I say entire bus I'm referring to the interior & the exterior from the entry/exit of the vehicle.

Lukeee

I was always taught that the most important thing is the camera to include the stairs in the view as that is where most trips and falls can occur, naturally at least some of the upstairs would be included in shot.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk