News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

When are the Wright B7TLs getting withdrawn?

Started by ZF B7, April 21, 2020, 09:46:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZF B7

Hi all, hope you're all keeping safe during these strange times. I hope to re-visit Brum when this all ends and get as many of those beastly Wright Eclipse B7TLs (and some ALX400 tridents). My question is will these be in service by then or by next year/the following year, as I know that new buses are on the way and could replace these.

Thanks.

Quote from: ZF B7 on April 21, 2020, 09:46:08 PM
Hi all, hope you're all keeping safe during these strange times. I hope to re-visit Brum when this all ends and get as many of those beastly Wright Eclipse B7TLs (and some ALX400 tridents). My question is will these be in service by then or by next year/the following year, as I know that new buses are on the way and could replace these.

Thanks.
If things return to normal and services are increased again by that point, then you would expect so.
Don't think the Crimson Euro 6 Gemini would be replaced by any new buses this year.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Stevo

NXWM has put any purchases on hold while the crisis lasts and perhaps afterwards so there'll be B7TLs around for a while yet. If it's just ZF ones you like don't forget 4687-96 have Voiths.

ZF B7

Quote from: Stevo on April 22, 2020, 09:57:50 AM
NXWM has put any purchases on hold while the crisis lasts and perhaps afterwards so there'll be B7TLs around for a while yet. If it's just ZF ones you like don't forget 4687-96 have Voiths.

Thanks! Yep it's particularly the ZF ones I'm after, not really interested in the Voith ones. Hopefully they'll still be around next year.

Tony

As they are having up to £14,000 spent on them upgrading to Euro6 I think you can safely say they will be around in 2021

Sh4318

Quote from: ZF B7 on April 21, 2020, 09:46:08 PM

Thanks.

I'd expect the former to be around for a while yet, and the ALXs will be allocated to the 5* for the foreseeable future

* pre and post pandemic, before anyone points this out
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

markcf83

Not anytime soon unless any get severely damaged in accidents. I reckon routine withdrawal of them will happen from around 2023 at the earliest unless Tony knows otherwise.....
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

Quote from: markcf83 on April 23, 2020, 01:40:59 PM
I reckon routine withdrawal of them will happen from around 2023 at the earliest unless Tony knows otherwise.....
Though could the red and white ones now at WB, that used to be on the 11 potentially go earlier than the rest, maybe in 2021/2022?
As none of them were ever upgraded to Euro 6.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

markcf83

Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk