News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Davos Bus Services.

Started by richardjones210368, January 21, 2020, 09:27:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

richardjones210368

Having once attended today's World Economic Forum in Davos although Switzerland is known for its trains it does have a very comprehensive bus service. Davos itself was served by a private bus company which contracts to SBB and the state owned post bus. Tickets were interavilable and the routes were on a franchise basis. Both operators used Mercedes buses with the Cittero favoured but some of the private operators buses were up to 12 years old. Services did not  run in the evening and the fares quite high but the buses tended to run on time. Interestingly if you stayed in a local hotel you got a free local bus pass to use on SBB Buses otherwise you have to get your ticket before you board. The oddest thing I found in Switzerland the entire population is a serving member of the army and you saw lads on the bus sitting next to their rifles mind you the Swiss don't have much of a sense of humor when I kept asking why the canyon was named after the creator of the Daleks.......

Rob T

Citaro not Cittero

Canton not Canyon

richardjones210368

Quote from: Rob T on January 21, 2020, 03:30:57 PM
Citaro not Cittero

Canton not Canyon
I am accountant mate spelling doesn't come in.to the job

richardjones210368

On his photo website Christopher Leach has posted some photographs of the buses of Davos to me it is most rewarding the supreme leader of the Daleks is a fellow bus enthusiast.

https://christopher-leach-photography.blogspot.com/2020/01/postauto-neoplan-in-davos.html?m=1

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk