News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Cycle space at traffic light junctions

Started by Sandy Lane, August 27, 2019, 08:31:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandy Lane

At some traffic light junctions there is a cycle box ahead of the vehicle stop line. Just sometimes on my travels, and not just one operator, I see a bus go right into the cycle box when waiting at a red light. I wondered why this happens. I thought the cycle box was for cycles only but maybe I'm wrong? Any ideas?

Tony

Quote from: Sandy Lane on August 27, 2019, 08:31:30 PM
At some traffic light junctions there is a cycle box ahead of the vehicle stop line. Just sometimes on my travels, and not just one operator, I see a bus go right into the cycle box when waiting at a red light. I wondered why this happens. I thought the cycle box was for cycles only but maybe I'm wrong? Any ideas?

Because sometime it is safer to allow those extra couple of metre stopping distance if the lights change on you than stopping harshly and throwing passengers

Sandy Lane

Quote from: Tony on August 27, 2019, 08:41:58 PM
Because sometime it is safer to allow those extra couple of metre stopping distance if the lights change on you than stopping harshly and throwing passengers
Agree. Maybe also if the bus is running late and driver wants to make up time?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk