News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Service changes 28th April 2019

Started by winston, February 28, 2019, 11:20:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

l.murphy123

Quote from: John on May 07, 2019, 01:33:56 PM
I had a very good load on Saturday afternoon. At least 12 people got off and at least 20 got on from Lichfield

That's really good. Do many from Lichfield get off in Sutton Coldfield? Thinking about customers that used Midland Classic's X12 transferred to yours.
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

John

Quote from: l.murphy123 on May 07, 2019, 07:47:40 PM
That's really good. Do many from Lichfield get off in Sutton Coldfield? Thinking about customers that used Midland Classic's X12 transferred to yours.

Some have carried on past Sutton to Erdington as they had an NX pass, but the majority get off around Sutton. Last Sunday one guy went all the way into City

Quote from: Westy on May 07, 2019, 05:58:42 PM
Is this down to the fact Nx is operating the route & not another operator?

To be honest 75% of the passengers I've carried so far are concessions which I imagine used the X12 and the routes beforehand. In time this may reduce when more people start using the route and more people with travelcards and daysavers use the route into Lichfield

l.murphy123

Quote from: John on May 07, 2019, 08:08:51 PM
Last Sunday one guy went all the way into City

It's about an hour to Birmingham isn't it? Was going to try it as my partner lives in lichfield we usually drive to Walsall and get the X51 (or now back to mine as it extends past me).
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71

danny

Quick question. Is the original hill hook Terminus in shelley drive still used or has that part the route been abandoned. Just wondering if the buses went down, did a loop then carried onto Litchfield / brum.
Danny :) proud swift, mango and oyster user...

My locals 12, 12A, 13, 22, 126, and the sixes every weekend :)

Westy

Bit confusing which stop is used by Nx in Lichfield as there's no sign on top of the shelter!

(Now on a X3 going back into Wm, having come in on a 10a but getting off the stop before the bus station!)

l.murphy123

Quote from: Westy on May 11, 2019, 12:27:56 PM
Bit confusing which stop is used by Nx in Lichfield as there's no sign on top of the shelter!

(Now on a X3 going back into Wm, having come in on a 10a but getting off the stop before the bus station!)

I have spoke to Lichfield District council who are going to review the entire bus station - I asked why so many buses depart from the same stand but two or three are unused. There's also posters for Central Bus 35 on most bus stands which is not helpful, especially as it is now Diamond. Can't blame Arriva for their sign as when it was put up they were the only ones using the stand but since then the 10A and X3 are there. Needs standardising and updating really.
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71

mikestone

Might have been a good PR opportunity when introducing the X3 if NXWM had offered to replace all the flags.

Westy

Quote from: mikestone on May 11, 2019, 02:56:19 PM
Might have been a good PR opportunity when introducing the X3 if NXWM had offered to replace all the flags.

What state is Cannock in, by contrast?

Westy

Has anyone spotted a copy of the new timetable leaflet for the Walsall 10 / 10a?

Second time it's been revised & the leaflet ' goes missing' !

mikestone

Quote from: Westy on May 11, 2019, 05:17:30 PM
What state is Cannock in, by contrast?
Much better - it has signs on the stands with the main destination, but no external indication of which routes, but at least there appear to be timetables for all services on the relevant stand. 

Smethwickian

Quote from: l.murphy123 on May 11, 2019, 02:36:17 PM
I have spoke to Lichfield District council who are going to review the entire bus station - I asked why so many buses depart from the same stand but two or three are unused. There's also posters for Central Bus 35 on most bus stands which is not helpful, especially as it is now Diamond. Can't blame Arriva for their sign as when it was put up they were the only ones using the stand but since then the 10A and X3 are there. Needs standardising and updating really.
Lichfield bus station was indeed in a sorry state yesterday with  poor stand markings, shabby shelters and many out-of-date posters. Sadly a planned new facility was part of the city's ill-fated Friarsgate shopping centre scheme, abandoned after a decade or more of delays and financial false-starts.
Also in Lichfield yesterday, frustrating to note that apart from one Midland Classic leaflet there was a distinct lack of bus timetables for any other service in the library, which also hosts tourist info. Do operators have so little interest in promoting services in such obvious outlets?

mikestone

While my gut feeling is paper timetables should be produced, I suspect in reality the number of people who can't  cope with on-line timetables, but can understand paper ones is vanishingly small.

l.murphy123

Quote from: mikestone on May 12, 2019, 12:13:05 PM
While my gut feeling is paper timetables should be produced, I suspect in reality the number of people who can't  cope with on-line timetables, but can understand paper ones is vanishingly small.

Arriva always produce timetables and they are very clear to follow as are their bus stop timetables. It would be useful if they put PDF copies online so you can download when a new one is out and be familiar with the layout. Older people on the bus always take timetables on the rare occasion a driver has some (Arriva & NX). Diamond and Select don't seem to put timetables at Staffordshire bus stops e.g. 35 Lichfield.
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71

Westy

Quote from: Smethwickian on May 12, 2019, 11:04:34 AM
Lichfield bus station was indeed in a sorry state yesterday with  poor stand markings, shabby shelters and many out-of-date posters. Sadly a planned new facility was part of the city's ill-fated Friarsgate shopping centre scheme, abandoned after a decade or more of delays and financial false-starts.
Also in Lichfield yesterday, frustrating to note that apart from one Midland Classic leaflet there was a distinct lack of bus timetables for any other service in the library, which also hosts tourist info. Do operators have so little interest in promoting services in such obvious outlets?

I had one of those MC leaflets as well.
(Still debating about Burton one of the days!)

I saw a leaflet for the 110 in there, which was 'helpful' (not!).

Not sure whether the rail timetables were relavant, as I didn't look at those!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk