News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

71A Extension

Started by monkeyjoe, September 20, 2012, 11:06:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

monkeyjoe

What do people think of potentially extending this route to serve Fox & Goose via Hunter's Moon to give new links to Asda and Sutton Coldfield. Just a random thought.

andy

Quote from: monkeyjoe on September 20, 2012, 11:06:43 PM
What do people think of potentially extending this route to serve Fox & Goose via Hunter's Moon to give new links to Asda and Sutton Coldfield. Just a random thought.

I think it's a good idea but whether it would be worth the increase in PVR I couldn't say. How many people round there would go all that way for Asda? I do think it would make a bit of sense though.

monkeyjoe

Right that's a suggestion for the North Brum review.

Stu

Reiss on Facebook wants the 71A to be extended from Sutton Coldfield to Aldridge!  ::)
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

sonic84

Calling at Little Aston... or was that another suggestion???? ;D

Stu

No, he wanted to extend the 46 from Perry Barr to Little Aston.  ::)

He's also obsessed with extending routes to Merry Hill, because he thinks its a 'joke' that there is only one service (141) that only runs every half an hour from Birmingham, and that the hundreds of people who regularly travel from Birmingham to Merry Hill want to travel on one of his 'magical mystery tours' via West Bromwich!  ;D
My locals:

vinh1000

Quote from: Stu on September 26, 2012, 07:53:22 PM

He's also obsessed with extending routes to Merry Hill, because he thinks its a 'joke' that there is only one service (141) that only runs every half an hour from Birmingham, and that the hundreds of people who regularly travel from Birmingham to Merry Hill want to travel on one of his 'magical mystery tours' via West Bromwich!  ;D
LOL
46 route is already unreliable as it is
Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

richie

I would like to see the 141 cut and run between Halesowen and merry hill only and increase the 9 frequency between Halesowen and city

Tony

Quote from: richie on September 26, 2012, 08:32:00 PM

I would like to see the 141 cut and run between Halesowen and merry hill only and increase the 9 frequency between Halesowen and city

And not leave a single bus between Birmingham & Merry Hill, somehow I cannot see that happening.

When you stand around the City for a day the two most common places you get asked where to catch a bus to are QE Hospital & Merry Hill

monkeyjoe

I would like to think an extension  to Hodge Hill would generate more revenue/usage than an extension to Little Aston.

Could you imagine a bus loads of WAGS getting the bus from ASDA and vice versa.  :D

Stu

Quote from: Tony on September 26, 2012, 10:24:26 PM
When you stand around the City for a day the two most common places you get asked where to catch a bus to are QE Hospital & Merry Hill

So in all honesty Tony, do you think there should be more frequent buses from Birmingham City Centre to Merry Hill? Or is the current 141 service perfectly sufficient?

My locals:

sonic84

I was very surprised the 258 was got rid of to be honest.  From what I remember it only took 5 minutes longer from Merry Hill to Birmingham, and it was quite busy the times that I caught it the full distance.  I would have liked to have seen the 127 extended back to Merry Hill in the Sandwell review..... nothing crazy like the 82 like some of the suggestions on Facebook ???  ::)

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

Quote from: Stu on September 29, 2012, 07:35:50 PM
Quote from: Tony on September 26, 2012, 10:24:26 PM

So in all honesty Tony, do you think there should be more frequent buses from Birmingham City Centre to Merry Hill? Or is the current 141 service perfectly sufficient?

Well the majority of loadings I see mainly from the Merry Hill end seem to be fairly quiet, and also seems quiet from Halesowen onwards as well, there are often more people squashed into a 222 B6 trying to get to Dudley than on a Enviro 141 and you also have to take into account the 222 is much more frequent, so personally can't see the demand there, after all Birmingham residents have plenty of shops in the city, think the 141 would cope with a Single Decker but problem is PE don't have enough emission zone friendly Single Deckers

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk