News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Regional tickets and daysavers

Started by BigDaddyCool, September 03, 2017, 11:26:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigDaddyCool

I see that NXWM have introduced yet another daysaver to the following areas

- Bearwood
- Longbridge
- Selly Oak
- Maypole
- Longbridge
- Sutton Coldfield
- Castle Vale
- Smethwick

I have to say all these new tickets and subsequent restrictions on boundaries is getting awfully confusing. I'd like to say I'm fairly clued up when it comes to navigating around the Midlands on buses, however these are even starting to baffle me! I could no longer tell you the cheapest option to get from A to B - God knows how a regular bus traveller would cope? Furthermore, it's not like they can get the answers from the drivers, the majority look like at you like you're speaking in Russian.

Why not just simplify it all and re-introduce and market one standard daysaver priced at £3.50 to use anytime & anywhere?

Quote from: BigDaddyCool on September 03, 2017, 11:26:50 AM
I see that NXWM have introduced yet another daysaver to the following areas

- Bearwood
- Longbridge
- Selly Oak
- Maypole
- Longbridge
- Sutton Coldfield
- Castle Vale
- Smethwick

I have to say all these new tickets and subsequent restrictions on boundaries is getting awfully confusing. I'd like to say I'm fairly clued up when it comes to navigating around the Midlands on buses, however these are even starting to baffle me! I could no longer tell you the cheapest option to get from A to B - God knows how a regular bus traveller would cope? Furthermore, it's not like they can get the answers from the drivers, the majority look like at you like you're speaking in Russian.

Why not just simplify it all and re-introduce and market one standard daysaver priced at £3.50 to use anytime & anywhere?
http://nxbus.co.uk/localdaysaverjune17
New Outer Birmingham local daysaver, (including Outer Birmingham, North Solihull, Coleshill, Water Orton and some parts of Sandwell). The inner border is the Outer Circle.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

DJ

Quote from: 2206 on September 03, 2017, 11:31:36 AM
New Outer Birmingham local daysaver, (including Outer Birmingham, North Solihull, Coleshill, Water Orton and some parts of Sandwell). The inner border is the Outer Circle.

I still find it stupid that there's a Sandwell and Dudley daysaver that doesn't cover the whole of Sandwell. It's a bit confusing if you don't know the boundaries.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

karl724223

I'm a driver and I'm confused now
Our Sandwell and Dudley daysaver is valid from start of service valid to quinton
But is quinton to bearwood daysaver only valid after 0930 ??

Jack

Quote from: 2206 on September 03, 2017, 11:31:36 AM
North Birmingham boundaries sounds good even though I don't live there anymore. But I don't get why some routes will have two local daysavers. E.g. the 51 has the Walsall low fare zone and will now have the New Outer Birmingham local daysaver. Serves both Perry Barr and Great Barr, not forgetting its lower deck windows are plastered with Walsall low fare zone stickers. Quite a silly one tbh. I think Wolverhampton or Solihull should have a low fare zone.

DJ

Quote from: Jack on September 03, 2017, 01:05:30 PM
North Birmingham boundaries sounds good even though I don't live there anymore. But I don't get why some routes will have two local daysavers. E.g. the 51 has the Walsall low fare zone and will now have the New Outer Birmingham local daysaver. Serves both Perry Barr and Great Barr, not forgetting its lower deck windows are plastered with Walsall low fare zone stickers. Quite a silly one tbh. I think Wolverhampton or Solihull should have a low fare zone.

Same with the 11/13, it has the Walsall low fare zone from Walsall to Wednesbury, which is often plastered over the windows on the crimson B7RLE's, and then there's the Sandwell and Dudley one from Wednesbury to Dudley. It's better value for a lot of people, but it also makes it a fair bit more confusing.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Trident 4194

Quote from: DJ98 on September 03, 2017, 01:32:33 PM
Same with the 11/13, it has the Walsall low fare zone from Walsall to Wednesbury, which is often plastered over the windows on the crimson B7RLE's, and then there's the Sandwell and Dudley one from Wednesbury to Dudley. It's better value for a lot of people, but it also makes it a fair bit more confusing.

Same with the 4/4H/4M

Jack

Quote from: DJ98 on September 03, 2017, 01:32:33 PM
The WB 46 now aswell. West Brom to Newton Road where the M5 goes underneath. I'm not sure about Hamstead. I think the Sandwell boundaries are quite daft. Only half of the Newton Road and and not in Hamstead.The 451 too. Too confusing. Should be all of Sandwell.

The Walsall low fare zone on the 311/13 should only be up to J9 island as that's where the Walsall boundary ends for the 311/13. Wood Green, The Myvod and Wednesbury are Sandwell.

Westy

As Walsall depot only operate 2 routes into South Staffs, surely they should be included in the Walsall zone?

Cheese

Quote from: Westy on September 03, 2017, 08:05:56 PM
As Walsall depot only operate 2 routes into South Staffs, surely they should be included in the Walsall zone?

Other than the handful of X51 journeys to Cannock, which other Walsall depot routes run into South Staffs?  The 6, 10 and 937 (one journey) run into Lichfield District but can't think of another Walsall route in South Staffs, apart from school service 868.

Stuharris 6360

If drivers are getting confused, then what chance do ordinary passengers stand.

Wonder how the revenue protection inspectors will get on?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Quote from: karl724223 on September 03, 2017, 12:58:26 PM
I'm a driver and I'm confused now
Our Sandwell and Dudley daysaver is valid from start of service valid to quinton
But is quinton to bearwood daysaver only valid after 0930 ??
Yes, valid after 09:30 Monday to Friday and all day weekend.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Stuharris 6360

Isn't the point of having a range of tickets to make them as uncomplicated as possible, surely you cannot punish people for using tickets incorrectly if the faare structure is so complicated that the drivers are confused.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

JoNi

In the age of Swift there is a proliferation of Operator based products (tickets to you and me) when the Buses Bill should act as enabler for simplification rather franchising.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk