News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

"West Midlands Bus Users" - our voices need to be heard

Started by Stu, February 02, 2020, 07:34:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu

As you will all no doubtedly know already, as well as offering my technical expertise and helping out with moderation of this forum, I also run the "West Midlands Bus Users" (WMBU) website and associated Facebook page.

At the end of last year, I added some new social and community features to my WMBU website, as I have a feeling that beyond being invited to take part in public consultations, as well as submitting 'closed' feedback to bus operators, there is no open public discussion platform where bus users across the West Midlands region can make their opinions heard, nor offer reasonable suggestions, regarding our bus services that we all use and have to put up with.

I have an ambitious vision that my WMBU website can grow to be more 'community-driven' and become an open, unrestricted  and transparent platform that will give bus users in the West Midlands a 'voice', that can then be shared with bus operators and other local public bodies, such as Transport For West Midlands.

For too long, I feel that most discussions regarding public bus services have been a 'closed-shop' and that ordinary bus users' views and opinions have been mostly ignored or disregarded, in favour of what unelected committees and private companies have already agreed will take place.

So it's time that 'us ordinary bus users' had somewhere where we could all congregate to engage in discussion, offer suggestions and provide feedback, that all other bus users can engage with.

I extend an open invitation for members of this WMBIP forum to sign-up to my WMBU website, and join in the discussion there.

I would like to take this opportunity to stress that my WMBU community website is primarily aimed at public transport users in general, and my focus is not geared towards the interests of the bus enthusiast community, which the WMBIP forum already caters for brilliantly. While WMBU is not specifically aimed at 'bus spotting' enthusiasts, I'm pretty sure you all use bus services regularly, and have your own gripes and concerns that you'd like to share.

I will of course continue to help and support Tony's WMBIP forum, and would appreciate if you would keep all 'enthusiast-related' business (such as fleet movements, noteworthy workings etc) here, and just use WMBU for 'passenger-focused' activities and discussion.

West Midlands Bus Users website: https://westmidlandsbususers.co.uk/

West Midlands Bus Users community area: https://westmidlandsbususers.co.uk/community/

I would also graciously appreciate if you could share these links with anyone who you might feel would benefit.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

richardjones210368

Quote from: Stu on February 02, 2020, 07:34:07 PM
As you will all no doubtedly know already, as well as offering my technical expertise and helping out with moderation of this forum, I also run the "West Midlands Bus Users" (WMBU) website and associated Facebook page.

At the end of last year, I added some new social and community features to my WMBU website, as I have a feeling that beyond being invited to take part in public consultations, as well as submitting 'closed' feedback to bus operators, there is no open public discussion platform where bus users across the West Midlands region can make their opinions heard, nor offer reasonable suggestions, regarding our bus services that we all use and have to put up with.

I have an ambitious vision that my WMBU website can grow to be more 'community-driven' and become an open, unrestricted  and transparent platform that will give bus users in the West Midlands a 'voice', that can then be shared with bus operators and other local public bodies, such as Transport For West Midlands.

For too long, I feel that most discussions regarding public bus services have been a 'closed-shop' and that ordinary bus users' views and opinions have been mostly ignored or disregarded, in favour of what unelected committees and private companies have already agreed will take place.

So it's time that 'us ordinary bus users' had somewhere where we could all congregate to engage in discussion, offer suggestions and provide feedback, that all other bus users can engage with.

I extend an open invitation for members of this WMBIP forum to sign-up to my WMBU website, and join in the discussion there.

I would like to take this opportunity to stress that my WMBU community website is primarily aimed at public transport users in general, and my focus is not geared towards the interests of the bus enthusiast community, which the WMBIP forum already caters for brilliantly. While WMBU is not specifically aimed at 'bus spotting' enthusiasts, I'm pretty sure you all use bus services regularly, and have your own gripes and concerns that you'd like to share.

I will of course continue to help and support Tony's WMBIP forum, and would appreciate if you would keep all 'enthusiast-related' business (such as fleet movements, noteworthy workings etc) here, and just use WMBU for 'passenger-focused' activities and discussion.

West Midlands Bus Users website: https://westmidlandsbususers.co.uk/

West Midlands Bus Users community area: https://westmidlandsbususers.co.uk/community/

I would also graciously appreciate if you could share these links with anyone who you might feel would benefit.
@Stu I will have another bash at getting thru SC19 to support your forum but there are public WMCA meetings for everyone to raise bus concerns about throughout the year and will post the dates and locations on the forum and there are also the regular Ask Andy events I will post the details of too when they occur.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk