News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Service changes January 2017

Started by winston, November 09, 2016, 05:19:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TinnedPeaches

To some the answer to this question might seem blindingly obvious, but what does it mean to "combine registrations" when it comes to routes? I'm assuming the above mentioned routes (255/256/257) are not just being withdrawn entirely.

John

I can see why the 77 timetable is being reduced. I had the last bus from Sutton, 7:05pm, and no one got on until just outside Walsall. There was a 934 just behind me so they could have easily got on that. The last trip from Walsall also empty, only picked up on the Sutton Road and after New Oscott

BU07 LGO

Quote from: John on December 31, 2016, 09:09:53 PM
I can see why the 77 timetable is being reduced. I had the last bus from Sutton, 7:05pm, and no one got on until just outside Walsall. There was a 934 just behind me so they could have easily got on that. The last trip from Walsall also empty, only picked up on the Sutton Road and after New Oscott

Yeah, its busy during the day with pensioners and evenings with school kids but then it dies. Would love it to come back to WA

John

Quote from: BU07 LGO on January 01, 2017, 10:38:18 PM
Yeah, its busy during the day with pensioners and evenings with school kids but then it dies. Would love it to come back to WA

Even in the daytime yesterday, it was quiet. Had no more than 15 people on at any one time. My first bus from Sutton, 11.55am was empty from Sutton, never picked anyone up till New Oscott.

I've had it on a weekday at school time, and it's a completely different route after they all leave school

A great dead run back from Walsall,  I had 33 minutes to get back, done it in just over 15. Roads were empty and flew through Scott Arms. With the timetable changes, I don't think any finish in Walsall now. I think they finish at New Oscott from Walsall and Bridle Lane from Sutton

BU07 LGO

Quote from: John on January 01, 2017, 11:02:52 PM
Even in the daytime yesterday, it was quiet. Had no more than 15 people on at any one time. My first bus from Sutton, 11.55am was empty from Sutton, never picked anyone up till New Oscott.

I've had it on a weekday at school time, and it's a completely different route after they all leave school

A great dead run back from Walsall,  I had 33 minutes to get back, done it in just over 15. Roads were empty and flew through Scott Arms. With the timetable changes, I don't think any finish in Walsall now. I think they finish at New Oscott from Walsall and Bridle Lane from Sutton

That 25 minute dropback is nice around 2/3 o clock in Walsall if you still get it? Saturday times used to be a joke, used to get hammered with barely any dropback

John

Quote from: BU07 LGO on January 01, 2017, 11:12:28 PM
That 25 minute dropback is nice around 2/3 o clock in Walsall if you still get it? Saturday times used to be a joke, used to get hammered with barely any dropback

You do still get that dropback when the PM extra bus comes on around that time.

I was 32 minutes late coming off my first bus yesterday. New Oscott seemed worse than usual, queuing from Banners Gate one way and the island on Jockey Road the other. Just 5 minutes dropback at either end too so not much chance to catch up. Was surprised when my second bus turned up bang on time without adjustment from AVL

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk