News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

WMPTE / WMT / NXWM Combined fleet list, 1969-present

Started by Isle of Stroma, October 19, 2013, 01:35:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Isle of Stroma

Quote from: Stu on February 22, 2017, 07:32:27 PM
I wouldn't be encouraging people to use illegal software.

I do actually pay for Office thank you, but that was I find it useful and because I got sick of using pirated versions that included hidden malware.

If you can't afford Office, and don't mind losing SOME of the functionality, LibreOffice is a good FREE alternative:
https://www.libreoffice.org/

Quite. £6ish a month is worth it for my daily use of the full fat MS suite + cloud backup etc. Even a tightar$e like me can see that, but then I don't demand something for nothing. I must make further cutbacks & this luxury is next on the list.

<EDIT> I've no problem with reformatting data, been there before, done that etc. It's just that it does require a time investment to do so.

MW

Each to their own.

I found a YouTube tutorial a few years ago and it gave me the full Microsoft Office 2011 (for Mac). Never had an issue with it.

The rest off them (Open Office etc) are rubbish

cardew

Quote from: dave47549 (no longer NEL111P) on February 22, 2017, 12:41:54 PM
For a number of reasons, I've taken a 6 month break from the project.

There'll be a further delay before resumption, as further expenses cutting means I'm switching from MS Office to Open Office & all my text/spreadsheet files need to migrate platforms. Unfortunately the new suite doesn't like my page/text layout/formatting, particularly with this file, so I'll need to sort that out before any work resumes.

Cheers for the update and good luck with the re-formatting

MW

Quote from: Stu on February 22, 2017, 07:32:27 PM
I wouldn't be encouraging people to use illegal software.

I do actually pay for Office thank you

I got sick of using pirated versions that included hidden malware.

So it's not just me or who uses or once used torrents lol

Isle of Stroma

For those who haven't seen it on the WMPTE Buses facebook page, here's a two page sampler from the 435 (at present) page monolith.

Feedback on content / layout welcome.

Walsall1955

Quote from: dave47549 (no longer NEL111P) on April 05, 2017, 05:59:48 PM
For those who haven't seen it on the WMPTE Buses facebook page, here's a two page sampler from the 435 (at present) page monolith.

Feedback on content / layout welcome.

4029 to 4035 were new with cream roof livery rather than khaki roof livery.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/walsall1955/6337064240/in/photolist-9BuoFZ-m2Ht5M-bD6ooW-aDZ7qh-9Q9vt8
I have extensive notes about liveries in the early years of WMPTE should you require any further information.

cardew

Looks great and with much more detail than I had anticipated. My appetite has been whetted

The Real 4778

Loving it Dave, if you need it proofing or checking for typos, message me old son!
Don't you start.

Mike K

Looks like a veritable masterpiece. I've often wondered about the allocation histories and ultimate fate of many of the buses that were part of my childhood. Looks like this has the answers.

Isle of Stroma

Gents, thanks for the feedback & encouragement.

Walsall1955, Thanks for the correction & offer of further help. 4778, again thanks for the offer.

As I can finally see completion in the distance (well, autumn-ish  ;) ) i'd best reiterate my intentions:

I'm not planning on a printed version, the fact that it would eat up half an A4 ream per copy is too oppressing (in terms of cover price & postage) to contemplate! My preference is to host it as a self contained pdf somewhere else online for download & print by the user at their leisure (copy shops are available for those without illicit access to works photocopiers :D & as per the sampler, the pages are pre formatted to comfortably fit on an A4 sheet with a handed margin for binding etc). I'm not interested in profiting from it, although a small charge per download may be necessary to cover hosting costs etc. As i'm merely a compiler, rather than author, I won't be claiming copyright on the data itself, just in the layout. So, as one person has already asked, you're free to reuse the contents in a different format, such as in a database.

I should also state that there will be inevitable gaps & errors (as you would expect from something that already runs to 2.3m characters!). That is why I intend to release it as an 'as is' draft, so hopefully others can contribute updates/corrections to increase accuracy, which will ALWAYS be welcome, & that's why the offers of assistance mentioned above are gratefully appreciated.

Thanks again, more news as & when!

B.C Driver

4444 -The Star Wars Bus

- May the 4s be with you!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk