News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Started by winston, April 15, 2012, 08:59:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MW

Quote from: nx4737 on May 13, 2012, 12:40:13 AM
Quote from: Michael on May 09, 2012, 09:01:41 PM
Here:

Whenever I see that photo, I always wonder how the front remained intact while the rest of the roof is missing...

Maybe Alexandr used all the glue on front and had to use the scraps to put the rest together. It is built in Britain after all.

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

I'm sure this was discussed on the previous incarnation of the forum, wasn't there a dip in the road under the bridge or something so the front went under fine but as soon as it had exited the bridge and started to climb a little out of the dip under the bridge the rear section of the roof was torn of

Stu

I've only ever heard these on the Presidents that came to AG from BC, but they have 'low bridge warning' sensors, that beep and then 'speak' as the bus approaches a low bridge. Used to hear them beep like mad on the 37 as it passed by Olton station (two low bridges), and then you'd hear this crackly voice from the drivers cab barking 'warning, low bridge!'. It would then start beeping as the bus approached the Lincoln Road junction.

Is it only the Presidents that have these installed?
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Tomjusttom

Quote from: Stu on May 13, 2012, 11:57:51 AM
I've only ever heard these on the Presidents that came to AG from BC, but they have 'low bridge warning' sensors, that beep and then 'speak' as the bus approaches a low bridge. Used to hear them beep like mad on the 37 as it passed by Olton station (two low bridges), and then you'd hear this crackly voice from the drivers cab barking 'warning, low bridge!'. It would then start beeping as the bus approached the Lincoln Road junction.

Is it only the Presidents that have these installed?

The E400s at PE have them installed (ex BC)

richie

It's not a sensor as such its a pre loaded gps database with low bridges on there, when Pensnett had the the drivers kept coming out with tales of it beeping at low trees and bridges that the buses just fit under

matt904102

You get that many false alarms from Bridge Clear one wonders in an actual situation would the driver take ant notice

Lukeee

ALX400's at PB have them, they beep if you get caught at the lights coming of Summer Lane in City direction.

Tony

Quote from: Lukeee on June 20, 2012, 09:54:37 PM
ALX400's at PB have them, they beep if you get caught at the lights coming of Summer Lane in City direction.

Because of the low bridge on the next left turn up Constitution Hill

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk